Let's talk about metallic bags...

Aug 22, 2014
So, i just went totally off piste and brought some seriously comfortable leather metallic silver pumps for summer. They don't go with any of my current bags except black Selma with silver studs which I've just put away after the winter!
Has anyone had any experience of MK metallic bags? Any issues? Is it too matchy matchy? Which other colours would complement silver ballet pumps? ( My mum is totally to blame for the shoes!)

Reactions: all7s
I only have one metallic bag (Pewter) & it's not MK. I usually only carry it during the holiday season; occasionally during the summer if my outfit calls for it. I haven't had any problems with any wear or the color fading but it's rarely carried & spends most of the time stored in the closet. stuffed & in it's dust bag. Hopefully some of the other ladies who have MK metallic bags can answer your question. Sorry I can't be of any help. I only have the one metallic & I've found I don't carry it enough to merit getting another one.

So, i just went totally off piste and brought some seriously comfortable leather metallic silver pumps for summer. They don't go with any of my current bags except black Selma with silver studs which I've just put away after the winter!
Has anyone had any experience of MK metallic bags? Any issues? Is it too matchy matchy? Which other colours would complement silver ballet pumps? ( My mum is totally to blame for the shoes!)
So cool! Silver shoes are in right now, or at least I've been eyeing a few pairs myself, lol! I don't think you are supposed to match your purse to the silver shoes. I think the purse should match the outfit and let the shoes twinkle on their own. Or that's how I've been envisioning it. I think cooler colors or brights and jewels might pair best with silver. It seems versatile.

The MK silver bags have been very tempting but I haven't gotten one. I'm interested too in hearing about people's experiences with them.

Reactions: DiamondsForever
Thanks for the input girls. These are all great points. I'm thinking abit like you cdtracing, would i wear a silver bag enough to warrant it? Possibly not.
All7s, definitely go for it with buying some silver shoes for summer! Had lots of compliments on them at work this week. I think what i might do is go for a bag in a different colour but with SHW, which would match the shoes.
Melissatrv, Cinder is a great suggestion! I'll look out for the metallic version, not seen that yet. I don't need any more Selmas (unless i sell one :confused1:) but in a Crossbody bag for summer that could work with my wardrobe.
Been using dark dune with the silver pumps this week and the hardware clashes. I'm not a fan of mixing metals!

Yes DF, go with silver hardware on your bag. That should work. Like cdtracing, I have a gunmetal (darker grey/silver) Berkley clutch that I haven't used much lately. BUT, I know I will because I have matching pewter pumps that go perfectly with it. They will for sure be coming out some evening with a cocktail dress or gown. I've also been meaning to carry the clutch in the spring/summer for a funky flirty accessory. We'll see....

Reactions: cdtracing