Let's talk about LEATHER...

GyrlLayney

O.G.
May 31, 2007
Are there any other designers out there whose leather is as comparably thick, soft, smooshy and pebbly as Chloe's paddington leather?

In the past few months, I've bought and returned: Gucci/Guccissima, Dior, Be & D Stella, Rafe and Gerard Darel. I returned a Jimmy Choo Mahdi leather and suede satchel and am waiting on delivery of a Jimmy Choo Biker/Ring leather bag.
choobikerringleatherbag2.jpg

The only other non-Chloe bag I love for its leather and details is a Coach mia soho satchel in antique brown leather with a braid strap.
2007_06202007May0352-1.jpg

Fendi in my opinion, has the best leather of any designer available today. I love balenciaga too as they manage to keep the leather so lightweight, yet rich and supple too.

I would say they are the bags that immediately spring to mind for me.

Fendi in my opinion, has the best leather of any designer available today. I love balenciaga too as they manage to keep the leather so lightweight, yet rich and supple too.

I will definitely check out Fendi's leather bags. I tried on many Balenciaga bags at NM and they weren't really my style.

C-B your leathers rock!!!

I am a Bal convert after toting the paddy weight too long. Take a peek at the luscious Balenciaga leather (a lot of pics don't capture the texture of the bbags but it's really stunning):

prada055.jpg

hmwe46-2.jpg

I been wanting to get a fendi spy but not sure if it will be too big for me. But I love the all leather fendi spy. Do you think fendi spy will stay as classic or trendy bag?

The leather on the early Marc Jacobs bags was gorgeous, thick and supple.:tup: I have a few of them in the original "stella" style, and a few of his other early, early styles as well. (Some in sumptious suede too!) That leather is LONG GONE... sad to say.:crybaby: I also have some Bottega Veneta handbags that have beautiful supple leathers as well. I think the '05 Chloes have the most supple leather of all, and even though they (Chloe) says that their leather "hasn't changed" I think it has. :graucho:If you can find some of the '05 bags, you are going have the most gorgeous leather around:smile::drool:

I love the leather on my Valentinos', odd they're the most pungent off all my purses? They're squishy and sooo light weight.

One of my Chloe's, the mastic Tracy, smells a little like fish, LOL. All my other Chloe's have very little odor.

My next aromatic purse is one of my Prada's?

Yes, there is definitely variation in the leather from season to season and color to color. So each gal can choose their favorite variety: glossy, matte, smoothy, veiny, glossy, etc :yes:

I think the light colored leather is much harder to care for, prone to fading and dirt.

The Chloe whites seem impervious to dirt and stuff, but the Bal whites are very tempermental.

But the F/W 07 leather is gorgeous and the colors rock. Here is a new rouge:

IMG_5424.jpg

hmwe46 - do the Balenciaga leathers vary from shiny to matte? and is the leather delicate and/or in need of extra TLC?

Yes, there is definitely variation in the leather from season to season and color to color. So each gal can choose their favorite variety: glossy, matte, smoothy, veiny, glossy, etc :yes:

I think the light colored leather is much harder to care for, prone to fading and dirt.

The Chloe whites seem impervious to dirt and stuff, but the Bal whites are very tempermental.

But the F/W 07 leather is gorgeous and the colors rock. Here is a new rouge:

IMG_5424.jpg

YOU SHOULD BE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER:yes:!!! I LOVE HOW YOU HAVE THE CHERRY AND STRAWBERRY NEXT TO THE BAG, MAKES IT LOOK SO DELICIOUS:drool:. NOW HAVE TO THE KITCHEN AND HAVE SOME CHERRIES:P...

I love to take pics of these bags!!

I miss my Chloes most of all when it comes time to take snaps of my new bag family.

The Chloe leather in FY05 and FY06 was outstanding!! I am not a great fan of the newer stiffer leather though. Although honestly that had little to do with my crossover (mostly it was lifestyle).

hmwe46- my g-d you rock at taking photos! OMG!

chloe_babe- i just want to bite those Spies. They are delicious!

I have to say that when it comes to leather, Hermes takes the cake for me, followed by Chloe, Balenciaga and Chanel. Each designer's leather features something different, and fabulous to me.
Hermes- it's just the ultimate to me, but you pay a heft price for it
Chloe- because it is so thick, smooshy and lucious
Balenciaga- the texture and feel are incredible !
Chanel- so soft, luxurious!
Fendi- after seeing chloe_babe's spies, who can blame me for listing it

So I am happy being a total bag ho- I love all of them! and for different reasons!