Let's see your Dooneys!

AnnaLou

Nov 14, 2022
My first Dooney. It's the Wayfarer Sac and is last year's color I believe, but as it only cost $80 and I love it, I don't really care if it's "so last season." lol

I love fun colors for accessories and this one is so cheerful and happy. It's practical too, as it is made of a durable nylon material with leather trim. I got a compliment on it the very first time I wore it, so that's a good start!

I like this brand for their fun colors and styles. Also, I ordinarily have an aversion to conspicuous logos, but this one is a duck. How do you not love that? Makes it even happier. :smile:

1676590586782.png

DazzleGem

Aug 6, 2020
My first Dooney. It's the Wayfarer Sac and is last year's color I believe, but as it only cost $80 and I love it, I don't really care if it's "so last season." lol

I love fun colors for accessories and this one is so cheerful and happy. It's practical too, as it is made of a durable nylon material with leather trim. I got a compliment on it the very first time I wore it, so that's a good start!

I like this brand for their fun colors and styles. Also, I ordinarily have an aversion to conspicuous logos, but this one is a duck. How do you not love that? Makes it even happier. :smile:

View attachment 5719662
The color is beautiful!!!

Aug 13, 2014
Enjoy your new Dooney treasure. The only opinion that matter is yours.
The 'in' color comes and goes. But you should always wear the color/colors
that make you happy. i love bright colors. Others love neutrals.
Each to their own. There are some very popular colors (like elephant)....
that don't appeal to me at all (it doesn't make me smile). But that doesn't matter.... all that's important is that you get pleasure from your handbags.

And, when it comes to handbag colors.... you don't have to worry about
which color flatters your skin/hair colors best. Almost any handbag color will
work and can be added to any wardrobe color with a little creativity...
or a multicolor scarf to tie the colors together.

AnnaLou

Nov 14, 2022
Enjoy your new Dooney treasure. The only opinion that matter is yours.
The 'in' color comes and goes. But you should always wear the color/colors
that make you happy. i love bright colors. Others love neutrals.
Each to their own. There are some very popular colors (like elephant)....
that don't appeal to me at all (it doesn't make me smile). But that doesn't matter.... all that's important is that you get pleasure from your handbags.

And, when it comes to handbag colors.... you don't have to worry about
which color flatters your skin/hair colors best. Almost any handbag color will
work and can be added to any wardrobe color with a little creativity...
or a multicolor scarf to tie the colors together.
Thank you so much! I so agree about "in" colors. I could never understand why people care what's in or out. I like what I like regardless of whether it's super hot or super "not".

I love most colors tbh! Some make me happier than others but almost every color has its perfect place.

I agree completely with what you say about being able to be more flexible with handbag colors because they don't have to go with your hair and skin coloring! That's exactly why I love accessories so much! Yellow next to my face makes me look jaundiced. Enter yellow handbags and shoes! Same with orange and yellow-greens - can't wear them next to my face, but nothing's stopping me from having those colors in shoes and bags!!. I love so many colors but not all of them love me back - lol. I look good in browns, berrys, dark purples, dark reds, navy, white, black and so forth. Consequently, I have to get my bright color fix via accessories!

Reactions: defeated
Sep 27, 2022
I know they're not all Dooneys, but this I'd my favorite sub-forum and I wanted to share this way of capturing a collection I heard about from JessieStyle on YouTube.

I've decided to do a bag fast for 2023 (believe me, I bought enough in 2021 and 2022 to tide me over!), and this was a really fun way to expend some bag energy without shopping. Hopefully this will help me remember to enjoy what I have. I'm also hoping that seeing them all together will help me make smart choices about what to replace or add down the road.

Just case anyone is curious about any of the bags, I'll list them in order:

Leo et Violette Nova, Furla Mini Opportunity Tote, Kate Spade Domed Crossbody in Spade Flower, Madewell Transport Saddle Bag

Vintage AWL Dooney Satchel, LL Bean Boat and Tote, Coach Willow Bucket, blue bag is from the Ukrainian Etsy seller Lucky Wallets and Bags

Vintage Coach Willis, Draper James Sawyer Satchel, Kate Spade Casey Satchel, Florentine Amelie large satchel

Dooney Emerson Small Shannon Tote, Dooney Vintage (barely) AWL Zip Zip Satchel, Vintage Longchamp bag (just learned it's from the Seton collection)

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    950.6 KB · Views: 11

G.Allyn

Dec 12, 2013
I don't have many Dooney pieces, but I love the ones I have.

Kiwi Nile domed satchel
Green rounded satchel
Zebra wristlet
Zebra coin purse
The embossed green is stunning! Congrats on your collection. I love to see what other D&B collectors have found over the years.

I have been buying the brand for 21 years but still find styles and colors I have never spotted on my hunt for new and different bags.