Let's see your Dooneys!

I
Mornin' LB!
I LOVE all your charms! I went through a charm phase, but I bought mostly Juicy Couture charms, which don't hold up well with the way I handle my bags. (Throwing them in the car, or squeezing in the small desk I had at my job, etc.) Something would always fall off. I think I'm down to one (gifted to me a couple of years ago) complete JC charm, mostly because I'm scared to put it on my bag. :lol: I have one MK "Bells" charm I love, but I keep it on my Coach Tyler bag that I use for my carry-on. Your collection, which includes the charm @Springer has on her bag, has inspired to start collecting D&B charms! This will be my new (renewed) obsession! :lol:
A new obsession for you - something we all need!:lol: Some say the charms trend is gone but I do love purse doo-dads (tho tend forget them) but refuse to spend alot for any of them. Dooney fobs are quite reasonable and are Very sturdy. I got carried away & bought a Bunch of flower charms from an Etsy seller made partly leather partly plastic, nothing to scratch the bag - will be happy to send you some. :yes: Many more than I’ll ever carry. I also ordered 3 from Anuschka that are quite pretty & inexpensive. Don’t care for Anuschka bags - so busy - but their wallets, umbrellas and small items are beautiful. I’ll post a pic in the Non-Dooney favorite thread. But use your charms - we don’t care if it’s on trend or not! :tup:

Reactions: RuedeNesle
You can call any Dooney outlet... not matter how far from where you live. Some bags can be shipped (not all, and not in all colors, and it changes over time). They charge a flat fee for shipping ($7.50, last time I checked). It helps to know the style # and name of the bag you are looking for, and the color. But you can call and ask if they have any 'pebbled leather hobos in a certain color' or any 'Florentine bags in steel blue' etc. They check the style # on the Dooney or ILD sites to be sure it's what you want.... style names can be too similar. Also ask about return policies for what ever you order.
And, don't call just before closing or on a busy weekend or holiday. Other times you can get great service from most outlets. Just remember, they are not QVC or Macy's, etc. so it's best not to buy from an outlet for a 'look see' on a bag. Even if it's returnable, check to be sure they will credit your credit card and not issue a store credit.
The key advantage of buying from a Dooney outlet, even by phone, aside from price, is you can ask the sales associate to look over the bag and tell you if there are any defects or issues.... is the color even, is it smooth or pebbled, is the texture even, do the zippers all work smoothly, etc. Most outlet bags are the same quality as those in a department store. But mass produced items aren't all perfect in today's world.
I think i definitely will do this. Thank you for the advice!

I
A new obsession for you - something we all need!:lol: Some say the charms trend is gone but I do love purse doo-dads (tho tend forget them) but refuse to spend alot for any of them. Dooney fobs are quite reasonable and are Very sturdy. I got carried away & bought a Bunch of flower charms from an Etsy seller made partly leather partly plastic, nothing to scratch the bag - will be happy to send you some. :yes: Many more than I’ll ever carry. I also ordered 3 from Anuschka that are quite pretty & inexpensive. Don’t care for Anuschka bags - so busy - but their wallets, umbrellas and small items are beautiful. I’ll post a pic in the Non-Dooney favorite thread. But use your charms - we don’t care if it’s on trend or not! :tup:
Would you mind mentioning the Etsy seller's name?

Reactions: Lilybarb