Let's see your Dooneys!

I have one in red suede....sort of a tomato red. Maybe I should take it out for early fall since our weather is still summer-like. Either that or I'm going to use a chalk Coach bag for a few weeks still. Hard to believe it is Sept but these days any color goes any time of year!
Enjo
Latest addition to my family :heart::heart::heart: I was brushing up the suede nap to prepare it for a stain repellant spray, and my boyfriend thought I looked like a crazy person brushing my bag! :lol:

This green suede is called "ivy" according to the tag. I love a gorgeous classic green and tan Dooney! I'm sad their discontinuing the XL courtney sac; I was hoping to pick one up in bone Florentine as my first Florentine Dooney, but I'm happy I got this in ivy suede and I'll enjoy hunting for the perfect Florentine bag for me :nuts: Thanks for letting me share my new love! :love:
Enjoy your suede handbags ladies. I've changed into some Dooney 'fall' inspired accessories.... caramel pebble leather cosmetic case, a cognac colored wallet, and wine color credit card case and lipstick case. A Dooney pearl ostrich zip zip with russet trim completes the handbag ensemble. :smile: I need more matching accessories. I've neglected them as I've collected handbags in every color of the rainbow. The challenge is to find accessories in the right size/style that coordinate with the color of the handbag or it's trim, but don't clash with the red linings or get lost against the red Dooney lining.

Changing out handbags takes only a few minutes. Changing out the accessories is much more time consuming.... first finding them all, then switching out all the contents, then putting the previously used ones away. I like to change handbags several times a week.... accessories get switched every 2 or 3 months.

I used to not care what the accessories inside my bag were like but now I like them to complement my bag and be a nice surprise when pulling out. It sparks a creative need to my boring analytical job! Yes, I agree....finding them and preparing them are the biggest time users. I have several boxes of items and keep wanting to find an easy way to manage it so I open a drawer and....there they are! Choose! I may empty a large drawer in my dresser and make it like Coach's wallet drawers. I mostly work at home so downsizing my wardrobe, too.

Enjo

Enjoy your suede handbags ladies. I've changed into some Dooney 'fall' inspired accessories.... caramel pebble leather cosmetic case, a cognac colored wallet, and wine color credit card case and lipstick case. A Dooney pearl ostrich zip zip with russet trim completes the handbag ensemble. :smile: I need more matching accessories. I've neglected them as I've collected handbags in every color of the rainbow. The challenge is to find accessories in the right size/style that coordinate with the color of the handbag or it's trim, but don't clash with the red linings or get lost against the red Dooney lining.

Changing out handbags takes only a few minutes. Changing out the accessories is much more time consuming.... first finding them all, then switching out all the contents, then putting the previously used ones away. I like to change handbags several times a week.... accessories get switched every 2 or 3 months.
How has the ostrich zip zip held up? I see a lizard one at Macy's or Dillards and love the espresso one but then read about wear. The pearl ostrich sounds interesting! I'll have to google for photos.

How has the ostrich zip zip held up? I see a lizard one at Macy's or Dillards and love the espresso one but then read about wear. The pearl ostrich sounds interesting! I'll have to google for photos.

I haven't used the pearl ostrich zip zip too often, but I have a black Dooney ostrich satchel that I've used for years. It has held up beautifully. The leather softened nicely over time. I have no concerns about wear issues with the Dooney ostrich embossed leathers. The ostrich bumps stay in place. I haven't noticed any corner wear, but that might be a possibility depending on color and style of the handbag. Black handbags are easy to 'correct' corner wear with a little black sharpie marker.

I did have an issue with a white ostrich Dooney. The black handles got pressed into the front and back of the handbag and the sealant took off the white color on the bag. It wasn't an ostrich issue.... but the bag was none the less ruined. I did a trade in.

As for other Dooney embossed leathers, those that are flat, seem to wear well.... like lizard and croco. Some of the snake patterns have raised 'scales' or scales that are cut deeply into the leather. . Those do not wear well. It doesn't take much for the raised scales to get rough and start curling up. It happens with genuine snake handbags as well, so it's 'authentic' looking. But I don't like the shabby look.

Charleston in Terracotta. I got her during the Labor Day sale on ILD. I love the fall shade. [emoji260] [emoji262] [emoji261] [emoji260] View attachment 4188463
HI BW!
Beautiful! Congrats! If I stop carrying CBB's it will be because I bought a Charleston! It's been at the top of my list for a long time and every time I see one, I'm tempted to upsize again.

Reactions: BadWolf10
HI BW!
Beautiful! Congrats! If I stop carrying CBB's it will be because I bought a Charleston! It's been at the top of my list for a long time and every time I see one, I'm tempted to upsize again.
I love that it's not a huge bag but holds a lot. And I can see everything when I open it up. This one also has the red lining, which I prefer over the woven pink lining. I am loving her. I keep thinking about downsizing for convenience but then I just can't seem to pull the trigger. Maybe when my kids are grown lol.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
I love that it's not a huge bag but holds a lot. And I can see everything when I open it up. This one also has the red lining, which I prefer over the woven pink lining. I am loving her. I keep thinking about downsizing for convenience but then I just can't seem to pull the trigger. Maybe when my kids are grown lol.
:lol: I know what you mean! I always needed a big bag when my children were growing up.
The size and the outside zipper pocket are what attracted me to the Charleston. I was carrying a Claremont Dover and it was way too big for my current needs. I needed something smaller for walking and being on crowded buses. I thought the Charleston would be the perfect size tote for me. During my search for a red Charleston, at the best price, I fell in love with Ambler and decided to try to make her work. 6 months later I'm still making adjustments but the leather has softened slightly and some things are easier to fit inside. Still, every now and then I think about the Charleston tote.

Reactions: BadWolf10
[emoji23] I know what you mean! I always needed a big bag when my children were growing up.
The size and the outside zipper pocket are what attracted me to the Charleston. I was carrying a Claremont Dover and it was way too big for my current needs. I needed something smaller for walking and being on crowded buses. I thought the Charleston would be the perfect size tote for me. During my search for a red Charleston, at the best price, I fell in love with Ambler and decided to try to make her work. 6 months later I'm still making adjustments but the leather has softened slightly and some things are easier to fit inside. Still, every now and then I think about the Charleston tote.
Twice a year I go on vacation with my bestie. And I always take a huge tote to leave in the car with a crossbody for shopping. It's a good feeling.

Reactions: RuedeNesle