Let's Say You Can Design Your Dream Hermes

Thought I would start a fun thread; please delete if this is not the right place. Obviously, I expect to see loads of folks asking for a shoulder strap on the B or that the C24 would have a longer strap for better crossbody wear.

I would LOVE to see an Evelyne reboot with a Constance buckle closure in place of the small leather tab. It could lose the perforation too.

Ooooh, good idea! Ok, so it may be hideous in reality.. but I’d take a Birkin but 32cm, the same height as a 30 so a little more rectangular than the 30. Leather would be a Barenia, but softer with more of a slouch. Matt black in colour with ruthenium hardware and handles that were maybe about 5cm taller so could fit on to my shoulder in a pinch :smile:

I would LOVE it if Hermes did a Birkinstock style sandal, It'd be amazing-they could do ones in silk prints (Like Twilly for the feet) ones with an H buckle like on the Hapi and ones with the Kelly closure..I'd go bananas and probably buy a few pairs at least £ allowing!
I'd love it if they did a bag like the Convoyeur in a large size (32cms +) with a cross body strap.
I also wish they did a back pocket on the Evelyne Sellier (cos thats my fave evie) and on the Jypsiere.
Also I wish they'd do (I dont think they've ever done this please correct me if I'm wrong) a Birkin Relax -one in 35cm + thats in a smooth soft leather and designed to be foldable and generally floppy.
I wish they would do more 'almost black' colours-I personally am not a fan of pinks and pastels (unpopular opinion I know-same as my love of larger bags) and they seem to have SO many bright or pink or very pale bags-I'd love it if they did more really dark almost black colours-
I wish they would also bring back the Massai and the Gao-I love the shapes of those bags !
Thats all for now..I'm sure I'll be back with more.... :biggrin:

I would LOVE it if Hermes did a Birkinstock style sandal, It'd be amazing-they could do ones in silk prints (Like Twilly for the feet) ones with an H buckle like on the Hapi and ones with the Kelly closure..I'd go bananas and probably buy a few pairs at least £ allowing!
I'd love it if they did a bag like the Convoyeur in a large size (32cms +) with a cross body strap.
I also wish they did a back pocket on the Evelyne Sellier (cos thats my fave evie) and on the Jypsiere.
Also I wish they'd do (I dont think they've ever done this please correct me if I'm wrong) a Birkin Relax -one in 35cm + thats in a smooth soft leather and designed to be foldable and generally floppy.
I wish they would do more 'almost black' colours-I personally am not a fan of pinks and pastels (unpopular opinion I know-same as my love of larger bags) and they seem to have SO many bright or pink or very pale bags-I'd love it if they did more really dark almost black colours-
I wish they would also bring back the Massai and the Gao-I love the shapes of those bags !
Thats all for now..I'm sure I'll be back with more.... :biggrin:
Oh yes! Bring back Plomb and Prunoir and Graphite please :yes:

My dream impractical bag is a version of the feather Kelly. In my dream it’s either Box calf or matte croc, sellier, a 25 or 28, and the feathers are longer than the existing (unobtainium) feather Kelly, so they sweep way below the bottom of the bag, and the flap feathers are also long, so the proportion is balanced. The feathers are iridescent grey and black, bag is black. The strap is a chain, solid platinum. The hardware is guilloche platinum.
(I would use peacock feathers but I am superstitious and in my family we believe these to be very bad luck.)
Horizon won’t make this bag btw ;)

My dream practical bag is a sellier-retourné hybrid Kelly. Not exactly like a Mou, but with structure at the sides and relaxed elsewhere...I guess a Retourné Rigide? In a 28 or 32, noir chèvre, with a Sac Monaco style flap that is meant to be fastened over the sangles with no ill effect, and a slip pocket on the back like the Roulis has......Probably not all THAT practical, but when compared with the above lol.
I do have a friend who ordered a Sac Monaco so I suppose this concept might be possible.

My dream bag is one that holds a laptop easily / won’t deform with the weight of one, ideally with a dedicated compartment for the laptop, while being easy to carry as well as stylish. I don’t even know what that design would be...because other than a backpack it would be really hard IMO to satisfy the weight distribution / carrying criteria, and I don’t find backpacks that stylish (sorry)!
Maybe one day I will think of one...and if/when I do, I suppose having it made with Hermès quality would be nice :smile: a purely distant dream for now!

Hermès Horizon atelier gives one the chance to really design a bespoke bag with the help of the design team. DH and I have done ours, but those two bags were mainly for travel. I am currently thinking of my next one to suit my new lifestyle. Having retired early, I no longer need the capacity of a B30/K28 for my day, which used to include a cashmere shawl, full size wallet and whatever DS needed. Now that he is grown, I can carry much less. What I treasure most is that every piece is unique, it carries a special significance, sometimes a hidden detail, in leathers which are rarer and overall it is tailored to the owner’s needs. The best part is no one really knows it’s by Hermes, but it tends to intrigue those in the know, and long time staff.