Lets Discuss the Ultimate Basic Items to always have in your closet?

My list (and in my closet):
- Black cashmere turtleneck
- Black wool trousers that can go from work to cocktails
- Black wool or cashmere dress that's work appropriate
- Pearl studs
- Pearl necklace
- A Patek, Cartier Tank, or Jagaer Reverso watch
- White eyelet or linen dress
- DVF graphic-print wrap dress
- Bernado flip-flops
- Lily Pulitzer or Pucci bright print shift
- Chanel black lambskin 2.55
- Modest, no-logo tote for work, like Longchamp
- Chunky cocktail ring
- Opaque black tights
- Nondescript comfortable pants (like no-logo fleece Juicy Couture pants or Lucy yoga pants) to run errands in

You sound like my fashion twin. I have a lot of these items!

I have a question. I usually don't look good in the classic suit jacket/blazer due to my broad shoulders. I look like robocop. Thus I only wear cardies. Is the classic Chanel wool jacket with the 3/4 sleeves a nice alternative? Can I wear it like I'd wear a cardie? I tried one and I really like it.
How can I wear it everyday? I'm interested in a black one.
goforbroke62308tonycenicola_.jpg
shorter sleeves.

I find that when it comes to clothes, I mostly buy tops or dresses and very few bottoms. This is b/c you can wear the same skirt or pants over and over with different tops and it is less obvious than wearing the same top all the time, plus bottoms don't have to be washed as often as tops. I think the essentials for bottoms would be skirts and/or pants in black, denim, khaki, and maybe some fun colors or prints. But as long as you have black, denim, and khaki pretty much any top of any color will go with one of those b/c they are neutral. I've also noticed that it's better to buy cheaper bottoms than tops, b/c the bottoms are often the same materials of more expensive ones and there isn't a lot of difference, but it's a lot easier to spot a cheap top especially after a few washes and wears.