Let's Discuss the BOTKIER Sasha Duffle!!

I just ordered the Botkier Sasha in pudding (I've been wanting it in that color for a while), I got it from Active Endeavors and used a 25% off coupon (sorry25). The total (free shipping, no tax) was $521.25, not as good as some of you got, but I'm happy with the discount.

I'll report more when I get the bag!

I just received my sasha today from jessieboutique.com and the leather is real wrinkly and hard, but in some of the pics on the net the leather looks like its supposed to be soft and smooth. Whats it supposed to be?thanks.

I got the Sasha Duffle - love it!

There appears to be 2 different leathers used on my bag (which is in the pudding color) - a very soft smooshy (kidskin?) for the body, and a harder leather for the handles and trim pieces. I love the color of this bag - perfect!

I have a Sasha Duffle and the body of the bag has the softest leather all over. It is inconsistent, as in some places the leather's a little thicker & mushier than other areas (mainly the ends where the bag gathers), but overall the leather on my Sasha is very similar to the leather on my Baca bag (it is wrinkly in places). The leather of the straps on the front of the bag is a diff type of leather, however. They are stiffer & harder.

What do you mean by "hard"? Do you mean like stiff, or do you mean like maybe something could have spilled on it and hardened the leather?

I bought a Botkier Sasha Duffel on sale at jessieboutique.com and the leather seems real wrinkled and not very soft and buttery. I asked them if this was normal and they said thats how it is, but when I look at the pics of the bag online, the leather looks real smooth, not all wrinkly like mine. Does jessieboutique.com sell real botkier and is the Botkier Sasha supposed to be like this?

I got mine from Footcandy.com and while the bag is wrinkly, it is also super soft and smooshy. So, I would imagine your bag is not too different. Maybe some wrinklier than others?

Can you post a pic of your bag to see what you're describing? My bag has wrinkles in it but not all over. The bag is made from lambskin (not calf leather), so it does tend to be a little softer & wrinkly. Just like calfskin, lambskin can be inconsistent & I don't think any two bags will be identical. I don't think I would describe the Sasha as "buttery" (I think that refers more to calfskin). But lambskin is definitely very soft. It's mushier than other leathers. (like you can take it & "mush" it all up). I also find that the more I use it (and it's even gotten wet) the leather gets softer.

Have you ever seen a Gustto Baca bag? I find the leather on my Sasha is very similar to my Baca bag. Esp on the ends of the bag where the leather gathers up. It's definitely a different type of leather than is used on the Trigger & Clyde bags.

I've had a new issue with my Sasha duffle come up recently (I've had my bag for 3 months). The shoulder strap is starting to show the white padding underneath, if that makes sense. Has anyone else seen this?

I left a message for Botkier, but if I don't hear back from them, I'll take it into Neimans and see what they say.

Cyn