Let's Change It Up!

Duh! I didn't know it came with a second strap! :P

I saw a lovely swift etoupe/toile combo the other day...$3150 USD. :wtf: I don't know if the toile was just costlier, or if it was a newer bag with a price increase included....

FF, $3150 is pretty much the price of the Massai GM in clemence, right after the Feb price increase. Maybe the swift/toile was a GM size?

I'd love to see a leather and toile combination in the Massai. What part was leather and where was the toile?

I don't have a Massai, but I've been thinking about getting one after seeing the cross-bodied thread. Not much to contribute here except for a photo of a toile/clemence Massai. Any thoughts on this combination?

Attachments

• massai.jpg
    massai.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 40
  • massai1.jpg
    massai1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 48
Ok. mine came yesterday. Sent it right back. I am too tall to wear it cross body...it just looked stupid. And, the double zipper ate my hand just trying it on. I think, and it's just my opinion, that it's either a great bag for you...or it won't work at all. I'm glad that I had it sent from a department store so I could send it back for credit to my account. My advise would be, if your boutique doesn't have one to try on (and mine didn't) have it sent from a department store.

^^interesting. I hope that the NY store has one when I go in for the pf meet in Sept. I didn't even know that some of the dept stores sold hermes bags and would send and credit like that. If Ny doesn't have one to try, I'll definitely take that route.

i just ordered an etoupe massai in hermes sydney, talked to this lovely SA who was so nice. she will ship the bag to me in hongkong! il post pics when i receive it. :tup:

I looked at both the Massai and the Evelyne as potential "cross the body" bags.

I ended up buying the Evelyne, since it was a more user friendly bag to get in and out of.

With the Massai, it was a bit difficult to reach in the bag while still on your shoulder.

However, I suspect that a Massai (hopefully in cafe or parchemein!) will be in my future.

hi tokyogirl, it is hard to get stuff from the massai even with the longer strap on?

pen -- nice catch! My experience of getting stuff out was when I had the short strap on (and not using the long strap, across the body).

However, generally I wasn't so enamored with the U shaped opening of the bag.