Let's answer these

I have one! How 'bout this:

The farmer had a fox, a chicken, and a bag of corn. He also had a raft that would carry hemself and one other item, at a time to get all three, the fox, chicken, and the corn across the river to the other side safely.

How does he do it so that one doesn't end up eating the other?

umm...can he bring things back? or once he takes them across they're stuck there? Assuming he can bring things back:

Take the chicken. On the second trip take the fox, but on the way back to get the corn bring the chicken along. Drop the chicken off, take the corn and drop it off on the other side with the fox. Then make one more trip to get the chicken. Does that make sense?

So, someone answer this one since now I know that to get pfers to answer, I can't write a key in the beginning! haha

5. You have 12 balls. All of them are identical except one, which is either heavier or lighter than the rest. The odd ball is either hollow while the rest are solid, or solid while the rest are hollow. You have a scale, and are permitted three weighings. Can you identify the odd ball, and determine whether it is hollow or solid?

This is missing a key factor as well. The scale isn't a regular scale, it's a balance scale. That is the only way this is possible.

I was leaning towards a weighing like this:

1,2,3,4 - 5,6,7,8
1,3,5,6 - 2,9,10,11
1,4,7,9 - 2,5,11,12

Depending on whether the scale shows group A to be heavier, lighter, or even with group B, a process of elimination should be possible to determine the odd ball out and whether it's lighter of heavier.

So, let's take ball 4 as being heavier than the others. Weighing 1 would mean that either one ball in group A is heavier, or one ball in group B is lighter (even though we know ball 4 is heavy). Weighing two will be even meaning balls 1,2,3,5,6,9,10,11 are the same weight, which means 4,7,8 is the odd ball and either 4 is heavier or 7,8 is lighter. Weighing 3 will mean group A is heavier, so that automatically means 4 is the odd ball and is heavier. If 7 was the odd ball and lighter last weighing would show group B as being heavier. If 8 was the odd ball and lighter, then the last 2 weighings would be even. I've tried a few variations, and I'm pretty sure this route will work. I've yet to find a discrepancy.

Although, I have to be honest, I've thought about this one before and kind of tried different routes. It's not like I just came up with this in a few minutes.

With number one.

Would it not be ZERO degrees? I seem to recall that on a 12 hour clock the numeral 3 and 0:15 past the hour are in the exact same position.

This is a trick question...because once it get to 3:15, the hour hand is not on 3 anymore, it is 1/4 of the way past the 3 and on the way to the 4, so its like 7.5 degrees by estimation.

:roflmfao:

ok... i will give other ppl a chance to answer also. The answer about 3:15 is correct as posted.

I just got this from someone who just finished an interview:

WHAT IS THE DEGREE MEASUREMENT WHEN THE CLOCK READS 1:20? SHOULD BE EASY RIGHT?