Let's all write a letter to Hermes, where is the exlusivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post here often, but I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here.

You want people to take some sort of test on official color names, history of the company, where the leathers come from, etc before they're allowed to purchase an Hermes bag? That's ridiculous.

I was in london for the weekend, I was completely shocked to see the amount of birkins on very unstylish (yet rich)women...most from the gulf states.I'm not being a racist- as I'm from a gulf state too, but Ive been exposed to Hermes since childhood, and have aquired my own collection knowing the brand, what it represents, and what its about, I get so mad when I see women carrying an Hermes bag, no knowing what leather it is, what is the official color name, and some not even knowing the name of the bag- some who do- don't know why it has been named such.
I've seen around 20 Hermes bags (mostly birkins and kellys) in less than 48 hours- on arms of women who just look soo clueless. .it just bothers me! They just own it because of the price tag- most of them dont even know how to pronounce HERMES.

Where has the exclusivity gone? is Hermes making more bags? why dont they profile who they sell to? you know- anyone who walks in- asking for a BLUE bag with locks should be banned. I mean seriously, I'm soo angered!

Why dont we all write a letter to hermes- to be more exlusive. I by no means ask for them no to sell to certain races- no- just to stick to closed waiting list policies- and to make sure a woman who buys an Hermes can represent them- this goes to all nationalities-
I hate seeing my coveted bags on every arm..:cursing:

You are joking right?!:wtf:

If a person loves a bag, what does it matter if they don't know the name of the leather or if they are wearing jeans and a scruffy t-shirt when they walk down the road with THEIR bag?

What makes you an expert on what is stylish? Are you a clothes designer or work in fashion? What appears stylish to one person may be silly and frivilous to another..if I was wearing a pair of Prada boots, a Vivienne Westwood kilt, a Burberry trench coat and a Birkin bag would that make be stylish as they are all expensive brands? If I was 16 then I'd probably seen as being "dope" but if I was 70 then people would likely point and laugh. These "unstylish" women may think YOU are the one that is unstylish..style is a personal thing remember - otherwise we'd all wear the same clothing and drive the same cars etc..

If a person can afford to spend the money [on what some would say] was an overpriced, overhyped bag then that is entirely up to them and having such a snobby attitude does the brand NO FAVOURS whatsoever. Personally I don't like Birkins so would never own one myself but I would never dream of saying someone else can't have one because they either a) don't look rich enough b) haven't researched the brand for 20 years or so. c) aren't dressed "stylish" enough

If you want exclusivity then why don't you commission a graduate design student to develop a bag purely for you...a one off bag that no-one else has if you want to stand out from the crowd and not be seen as a lemming with arm candy..or better yet, make your own bag. You can then spout off about the type of leather used, the number of stitches etc and maintain that "I'm better than you" attitude.

I don't know, but I would disagree. I know a lot of really rich women who buy bags just because they think the bags look nice or are fabulous. Easy as that. Those bags include Birkins or Kellys or any other Hermes bags. To be honest, a friend who owns like more than 10 Birkins/Kellys don't really know the specs of her bags - all she knows is that it's either a birkin or a kelly in whatever colour it is.

I just don't get your post. Bags and shopping should be a democracy, not a democrazy.

I've lived in London, and I see throngs of women with Hermes pieces. Gosh, I've even seen a lady buy more than 10 bangles at once. So what if they can't pronounce Hermes or whatever bag names? So what if they can't identify the colours? Does this make them less worthy of carrying or buying Hermes pieces? Sorry, but I think not.

This is even more ridiculous because the majority of the Hermes clientele do not know the name of the leather, the color etc... They own maybe 1 or 2 bags which they cherish and they don't have to be Hermes experts to be Hermes clients.
Ask any old French lady in the street about the stamp inside her Constance/Kelly etc... you will just get a blank look.

you do NOT know any of those women who YOU deem not worthy to have a H bag...how do you know if they are not knowledgeable on H products...i didn't know you had to take an exam to and pass to be able to buy a handbag by them...your views are way off and maybe if they knew how you thought they wouldn't want you as a customer IMO

Once you can afford to buy something there should be no claim as to what you should or should not know about a bag. Bags etc are made for anyone. Money talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.