Lesser known medium range quality designers that you own and love

cinshad

Dec 18, 2006
I am looking for lesser known (none of the sub-forums, of course) bag in the range of 300 to 700 that is great quality, wonderful, but something unusual, different. Those seem to be my favorites historically. I hate to carry the same bag or designer that you run into every time you go out. I love a bag that says quality, but is different, or unique and leaves them puzzled as to what it is and where you got it.
To give an example, some of my favorites are Marino Orlandi, which I have collected for years. I also like Leatherock and have two of them, one leather and one suede, and a Tylie Malibu which is a bit more modest and reserved than my Leatherock bags. I have a Falchi (not Chi) and and a wonderful huge Billy Bag satchel which is gorgeous, but terribly heavy to carry for long. I also have a few Rafe New Yorks and Cole Haan bags, which I seem to use most of the time. In the past, I have owned gone through stages with Lancel, Tumi, Biasia, and of course Coach .
I do not love a bunch of hardware dangling and jingling around, like Makowski, Kathy, and Charm and Luck.

Do you have or own a favorite lesser known designers that leave them wondering what and who is that?

Have you looked at Hayden Harnett? They have some classic designs, some offbeat, right in your price range. Plus they run frequent sales and there's usually a code floating around, either for their own site or for Luna Boston, which carries the line.

www.haydenharnett.com
www.lunaboston.com

Gryson is also a great line, and Belen Enchiada (they have their own subforum but are really just gaining popularity).

i know you said none of the sub-forums, but i recommend rebecca minkoff. she is a lesser known designer in the non-purse forum world, and her bags are AMAZING

How about Linea Pelle?
I love their bags, and it is not something you would run into every day when you are out and about. I always get tons of compliments on mine.
Check it out; they are also having a huge sale right now on their winter stuff!

www.lpcollection.com

Thanks so much! You are going to keep me busy researching these for a while, but love the new ideas.

Clicked right on the not rational Frankie...wrinkeled, without even reading a word, so it caught my eye, too.

I totally love love love Michael Kors bags - you can get a super cute quality bag that will last through the trends for a couple hundred, even less if you go to the outlets or sometimes places like Steinmart carry some of the older models too.