Less than a week and it is coming apart? Will they repair or replace? EEK!

toxicgarden

Sep 11, 2006
For those of you that read my previous thread about how I finally got my swingpack you will know the story. Those of you that have not, my DF bought me a denim stripe swingpack from Dillard's roughly 1.5 months ago for my birthday. He had it wrapped up until about a week ago when he gave it to me. I have only been carrying it for one week and it already is fraying a little on the bottom of one of the stripes. It is REALLY bothering me and will obviously get MUCH worse with time. However it was purchased at Dillards and I am wondering what to do about it. I am not sure if he still has the receipt. If I take it to coach will the replace, repair, or ignore it?

I also dont want to tell DF because it will crush his heart.:crybaby:

Attachments

• 12rear.jpg
    12rear.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 86
I know they dont have any of the them in stock and I will be horribly depressed if they send it off. He gave it to me so I could have it during my trip to NYC next week. It just really frustrates me that it is falling apart, it SHOULDNT be!!!

take it on your trip to New York so your DF will be happy- then when you return take it to a Coach Store and see what they say. If it has only been used a short while they should give you a new one or a exchange,

i would definitely take it to the store.
if you want it for your trip, wait until after you come back.
it would bother the crap out of me too.

hope they can fix it. :flowers:

should I take it to the Coach boutique or Dillards?

I think either one would be ok, but I'd try Dillards first since that's where it came from. I would think the Dillards Coach SAs would stand behind the Coach products just as the boutique would.

But I agree with taking the bag on your trip first. And I would be bugged by the fraying, too--but just try to remember that no one else will notice it except you! I want you to enjoy your trip--Coach will take care of the problem when you get back!

I don't know about Dillards, but you have 6 months to return at Macy's. I would definitely give it a try - but it could be that they won't have another of the same color to exchange. Can't hurt to ask anyway.

I would tell your Fiance, you might stop using it b/c you're afraid to damage it even more, and I think he would be like what the heck, does she not like it anymore??? It's not his fault that it's falling apart. Check the store and tell them you want to exchange it, and maybe they'll order you one. But just tell them you want it overnighted, they did that for me before with no extra charge. Good luck!!!

Since it is frayed but still funcional, why don't you take it on your trip and then return it when you get back. They most likely will just replace it with a new one.

Take it back...my mom had this happen with her signature stripe swingpack from last year....the store didn't have any on hand, but they overnighted her a new one from another store.

I would take it to the coach store. They will tell you if they think it is normal wear and tear or if it needs to be repaired. If it needs to be repaired they will send it out for you and coach will notify you after examining it what they can do. I had a bag years ago where the trim was coming off. They were unable to repair it but gave me the option of keeping the bag or getting a gift card for the worth of the bag to buy something new.
Don't forget to tell them you got it as a gift.
With the holidays and all it may take a while if you send it in so you may need to let your BF know.