Less is more????????

if you can afford to keep them, for the most part, selling bags is a losing proposition. your collection is diverse and so each bag has it's own appeal.
believe me i do understand the less is more philosophy. i love it, and totally embrace it, but it can be achieved by acquiring less instead of tossing more. lol

I agree (but wouldn't have been able to put it so elegantly)

I totally agree with the "Less is More" philosophy! It's hard to enforce though as there are so many great bags and accessories out there. IMHO .. keep only what makes your heart flutter everytime you carry or look at .. regardless of what's popular or "in." Good Luck!

I constantly change my bag. DH lovingly calls it "the rotation." I think it's a shame if an Hermes bag just sits in a closet. They were crafted to last and IMO are meant to be used and enjoyed. Just start a rotation and enjoy all your beautiful bags.

missmarbella, you and I can take "less is more". I'm going through all my junk right now and getting rid of a lot of things, mostly clothes and shoes, that I don't need. I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

Acquiring less is great if you know yourself very well and, or have not had a life/circumstances/physical changes.
The longer one lives, the more likely it is that something that had worked in the past would not be the first thing one reaches for any more. In that case, it makes perfect sense to give it away or sell it or whatever.
I discovered Hermes relatively late in life, so everything I have is still "me". But I can see easily that if I had started earlier, this might not be the case.
Kudos to you for wanting to streamline. Have fun with it!

I waver between "less is more" and "I need more." I dream about a 35cm Rouge Garance Clemence Birkin, but wonder if I'd just tuck her away in her box and continue reaching for my black or gold birkins.

Millstream...I wonder about that myself... I do not want to "collect" for the sake of it...I am rather minimalistic in that sense... I want to make sure I will lovingly use any and each acquisition...

ITA with the Less is More philosophy. I'm paring down my collection to get a Kelly. I'd like it to be a day into evening bag. The I'll have my Speedy for super casual days. I just feel like if I have two bags that I trully love, that's all I need. :heart:

Yes yes, you should get rid of all of them. I'm a huge trash bin if you'd like to throw them on me. JK of course! I could never bear to part with such delightful collection. If you insist, try letting go of the ones you use the least!

Millstream...I wonder about that myself... I do not want to "collect" for the sake of it...I am rather minimalistic in that sense... I want to make sure I will lovingly use any and each acquisition...

SoCal, I waver between wanting to pare down to two or three bags (from the current seven) and looking for something to add. Ideally, I'd have an every day bag (Birkin), a more polished bag (Sellier Kelly) and an evening bag (Maharana clutch). And then I think, gee, I'd really like a Chartreuse Clemence Bolide. Ugh!

....I konw,some of you ladies will think i am crazy after read this thread:yes:
After reading so many 'smart' books i figured out 'less is more' make me happy..
Started to sort out my wardrobe,my bathroom,my boyfirends:graucho: (just kidding)...and now got to the stage of my holy bags!!!!

I did that a couple of months ago with my clothings. I had the color-me-beautiful thingy done and it did free up alot of clutter from my ever-bursting wardrobe.

I gave away most of my not-so uses bags -well, non-H stuff, mainly coach, LVs and other IT bags. I don't want to sell on ebay so I give them to my family and friends. I kept selected bags and in certain colors.. one for black theme, beige theme and brown theme and that's that.

Like Rouge H will go with Black theme and maybe beige theme.. something like that. Or Navy will go with Black ... it does make my life much easier in the morning when I get dressed :smile:

So I am so with you on this topic (at the moment) ;)

I agree that if you don't want to sell things it feels great to give them away. I am happy to know someone else is using/enjoying what otherwise would have been sitting in my closet.

Thanks Ladies for your opinions!!!!!
It is more difficult as i thought,since i packed to give away some of my bags i dont know if i wouldnt regret it...
I do find reasons to use all of them, but is it enough if i use it max 10times a year????
It felt so good to sort out my wardrobe,shoes and cosmetics but i do hard on my beauties...