LESPORTSAC Facebook Contest

Bunnyville

Nov 28, 2007
Anybody else disappointed with the Lesportsac Facebook contest? one prize? a free bag, but you don't know what it will be? they can use your image, your name, your face, your voice, forever into perpetuity, without notifying you or compensating you? does that seem like a bit much? selling your soul to the devil in a quest for fame?

i must admit, i was considering submitting a photo, using a different facebook id, but if they can use my name, i'm out of this!!! do i really want my obsession plastered all over the world, for all to see?

i would have liked to see a more special prize, and maybe more than one. dunno. is this 'normal' for such contests?

bohohobo

tamale loco
May 30, 2009
All I can say is "cheapskate". This is a cheap cheap way of soliciting for photos, cost of a model shoot is usually around $300-500 for an unknown model. That's way more than the cost of a Toki bag, even more so the more inferior quality current season ones. I'm fine with giving photos over the internet facebook or not, but to designers who can't really afford good quality models. Tokidoki can well afford it so shame on them.

But I guess there are die hard toki fans out there who don't mind giving their personal details away. Or perhaps they're just oblivious to potential cyber crimes?.

d1000

Sep 15, 2007
LeSportsac no longer makes Toki bags

All I can say is "cheapskate". This is a cheap cheap way of soliciting for photos, cost of a model shoot is usually around $300-500 for an unknown model. That's way more than the cost of a Toki bag, even more so the more inferior quality current season ones. I'm fine with giving photos over the internet facebook or not, but to designers who can't really afford good quality models. Tokidoki can well afford it so shame on them.

But I guess there are die hard toki fans out there who don't mind giving their personal details away. Or perhaps they're just oblivious to potential cyber crimes?.

bohohobo

tamale loco
May 30, 2009
LeSportsac no longer makes Toki bags

I realized I misread the thread and thought it was tokidoki. Lesportsac does make Toki bags and markets them, just the brands are now separate and the outlet shops are not stocking Tokis. That's what someone from Lesportsac told me. If you don't believe me, check out Lesportsac's clearance website, they always have a section for Tokidoki.

Even more cheapskate, LSS can more than afford to pay for proper models.