les miserables on PBS

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
anyone watching? I think maybe either my attention span is getting short or I'm watching TV too tired at night. Didn't find the first episode captivating. And I've liked some other masterpiece series very much - most recently Victoria.

So maybe I should try again on this one. Seems to have gotten good reviews.

I've only caught one ep and it was at 2am, so I too was drifting in and out of sleep, but I think that was more due to my exhaustion than lack of interest.
I'll make an effort to watch it again.

I’m watching. I missed the first episode but recorded the second. I really thought it would be like the play, musical. I hadn’t seen any previews. LOL. I’m now watching the 3 rd epi. It’s pretty grim but very well done.

Been watching it, we call it Les Miserable without singing in our household. After watching this in Broadway a few times, my mind tries to play the music when I’m watching it on TV, very well-made, will probably be nominated for awards.

I'm watching it and I'm completely hooked!! Les Miz is my favorite big broadway play too. I loved the first episode showing Fantine as a naive young woman, the mistakes she makes which start her downward spiral. You don't see that in the musical.
My problem is I like to binge watch and I need the PBS passport for that, really don't want another service.