Les Amazones Scarf Details, w/pics - Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdyz

O.G.
Apr 1, 2011
Hello Everyone!

I am in need of some of your extensive knowledge. I recently acquired a vintage Les Amazones scarf. It's such a lovely design so cheerful.
Most of the details check out (that's why I got it in the first place) BUT some don't, or I find weird. Please could you help enlighten me. Pictures are attached, including designers signature and Hermes C.

1. Scarf is 88cmx88cm, still fairly crisp to the touch. The edges are rolled towards the front BUT the stitching shows. Like a candy cane, haha hope you get what I mean. Do you have edges rolled like this?
2. Have you ever had the care tag being attached in the same "flow", using the same thread that's used for the rolling? This kind of means I could never detach the care label without breaking the thread that holds the edge together.
3. There is this lumpy bit of fibre towards the centre of the scarf. I can't tell if it's a particularly well executed repair or a fault. If it were a fault, surely it would have never passed the QC at Hermes?

What do you guys think? Am I just overly harsh on the ladies craftsmanship? Could the edges have been repaired?
Thank you all!

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 254
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 250
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 242
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 245
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 242

Mindi B

Down Dog
O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
This needs to be posted in the "Authenticate this Hermes Scarf" thread. Try to follow the posting instructions in the beginning of the thread to show the authenticators the bits they need to see. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.