LePliage bought at Marshall’s- real or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curlyhair1

Jul 11, 2020
I bought a small, long handled navy LePliage at Marshall’s yesterday. Please see the inner label. What do you think? Did I fall for a fake? Looking at authentication guides on all all looks good except that there isn’t an indentation of the logo under the front flap. Help and thank you.

48C9FFB7-51EA-40D0-ADD3-B4CDA34524F8.jpeg

6F5E620F-3ABA-41D6-9234-07F6DBA16BFC.jpeg

19B9BF8C-A59E-4BCE-A4CF-18B39546DA6C.jpeg

I bought a small, long handled navy LePliage at Marshall’s yesterday. Please see the inner label. What do you think? Did I fall for a fake? Looking at authentication guides on all all looks good except that there isn’t an indentation of the logo under the front flap. Help and thank you.

View attachment 4784927

View attachment 4784928

View attachment 4784929
I bought a red Le Pliage early 2019 at TJ Maxx's. It had a tag on it that was handwritten and said "runway". I know it did not quite fold up initially but it did pretty easily and the leather and fabric felt authentic. I will take it out and check it against my other bags, some from department stores and some from Longchamp stores, and get back to you. I will look at tags and other identifiers. It may not be until later today or tomorrow.

Reactions: Curlyhair1
I just looked at some of my bags, and none have a tag like you pictured including the red one from TJ Maxx. I was curious and looked on line, and Longchamp does manufacture in Tunisia and China. There is a lot on line and in this forum too from what I could see on Google showing how to spot the fakes. Although I am not familiar with this thread, they might be an authentication thread for these bags.

I just looked at some of my bags, and none have a tag like you pictured including the red one from TJ Maxx. I was curious and looked on line, and Longchamp does manufacture in Tunisia and China. There is a lot on line and in this forum too from what I could see on Google showing how to spot the fakes. Although I am not familiar with this thread, they might be an authentication thread for these bags.
Thank you. Everything about the purse points to it being real EXCEPT for the fact that the logo on the flap is not pressed through (indented) on the flap’s backside....

If that's a fake, it's a good one. I can't tell you with any authority whatsoever. What does strike me is that it's a beautiful classic navy blue, and you found it at TJ Maxx. My impression (very snooty snob impression) is that when a nice brand lands at TJ Maxx, it's often a dopey non-classic color, like a lime green or neon yellow or something. There's a great Youtube video about authenticating Longchamp Le Pliage bags. The top photo you posted is too distant to ascertain the points talked about in the Youtube video, I'd encourage you to see it.

If that's a fake, it's a good one. I can't tell you with any authority whatsoever. What does strike me is that it's a beautiful classic navy blue, and you found it at TJ Maxx. My impression (very snooty snob impression) is that when a nice brand lands at TJ Maxx, it's often a dopey non-classic color, like a lime green or neon yellow or something. There's a great Youtube video about authenticating Longchamp Le Pliage bags. The top photo you posted is too distant to ascertain the points talked about in the Youtube video, I'd encourage you to see it.
Thank you. I bought it at Marshall’s in Toronto.... totally lucked out if it is real, which I hope it is! Again, the flap is what makes it questionable to me (and the super long number on the label)

E5095D19-CF38-42D2-959F-A041F67ADE1D.jpeg

AD98B514-7ACF-47A1-B794-4C3801985F6A.jpeg

I won't buy LC bags from those type of stores because I've seen where they take a sharpie and write the price on the inside. They try to hide it. It's sometimes on the zipper ribbon, or under it. It's not removable and it looks horrible. The other thing that would worry me, is someone bought the real deal, but returned a fake. The cashiers will have no clue. If you're uncomfortable I would return it. Spend the extra and get it from a reputable seller and you'll feel better about the whole thing.

Thanks. $100 was written in “silver sharpie” on the back of the clear tag sewn in the side. That isn’t necessarily an indicator is it?? All stitching is fine, zipper has every proper marking as does the pull. It’s just the back I’d the front flap that doesn’t have the horse indentation.

Hi!

We don't allow individual threads asking for authenticity advice, they all must be in the pinned thread "Authenticate this Longchamp".
Also we only allow approved members to help authenticate.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.