LEONA LEWIS - Amazing singer, what do you think ??

Leona is Number One in US and canada, so this means in total, shes been number one in Over 30 countries !!!!

Leona's Album Sprit will be released in the US and Canada in April the 3rd I think and can be downloaded then. there will be 2 extra songs, Misses glass and Forgive me which is produced by Akon.

:tup:

I don't like Mariah Carey but I think Leona is fantastic! I love how she doesn't over-warble like christina, and she knows when to warble and when not to. Her songs and choice of vocals for each song is very tastefully done.

Read some horrid comments from a Ayumi Hamasaki fan just now and I would just like to say this.

Record companies usually won't let singers who they get from tv shows like X factor or Idol release songs that they have written completely as their first single or even their 2nd or 3rd. Their goal is to make money hello! But i think it can happen with the 2nd album onwards, depending on how good the singer is.

Leona has said that she has written songs of her own while she was competing in X factor and i believe there were a one or two played on Myspace for awhile.

For the record, Ayumi Hamasaki didn't start out writing her own songs either, so I don't understand why that Ayumi fan was bashing poor Leona!

Singers not necessarily HAVE TO BE songwriters. Singers are sort of like interpreters, from lyric to song and good songwriters usually aren't the best singers.

I think X factor & Idol are great stepping stones towards a singing career, and even for singer-songwriters. My favourite singer-songwriter is Bonnie Mckee and while her vocals aren't as brilliant as Leona, her songwriting makes up for it. Sadly, she has been dropped by her record company. :sad:

www.myspace.com/bonniemckee

check her out! :smile: She's pretty amazing. Good vocals but not as good as Leona of course. I mean Leona really has an AMAZING voice. :smile:

IMO, I think she's overrated. I've watched her in X-factor and wasn't impressed. She's a good singer - no doubt about that. But she sort of just stands there and sings. She doesn't tell a story with her song nor she moves me with any of it. Personally, I think it's all the Simon Cowell machine really pushing her.

No offense to the Leona fans :flowers:. JMHO.

I've heard Bleeding Love a couple of times, and while I think the song itself is okay, her voice is really annoying :/ Not really my style. I am surprised though that she's one of those TV singing competition winners, she's done pretty well so far compared to what most of them end up achieving.

She's a good singer, but nothing screams out special about her. I'm just not impressed and I don't like anything that has to do with American Idol. But apparently everyone else listens to Simon Cowell picks so I'm sure she'll do fine.