Leon Mege -- this is who he gives discounts to!

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
LOL I guess he wants to make friends with people who are in the NFL...

Found this posted on his website.

I love him!!!

Discounts - all valid through February 1st, 2009

NFL - NY GIANTS - Super Bowl XLII Champions - FREE LABOR!!!!

NFL - NY Jets - 50% OFF

NFL player (any team) or senior coach - 25% OFF

NFL team support staff with access to free game passes - 10% OFF

NFL former players and coaches any team - 10% OFF

Military discount: 10% off (labor including metal)

Wire transfer for purchases of finished jewelry (not applicable for custom orders) 2% off

Um, OK. I love the military discount. . . and the discount for *support staff.*

. . . but why, exactly, do guys who make millions already (for playing a game, I might add) get a hefty discount, when guys like my husband, who work 80+ hour weeks every week and spend three weeks out of four on the road, away from their wife and small children, don't get squat?

Things like this make me mad. I know it makes sense from a marketing perspective-- people in the press wear the jewelry, the masses see it and want it. . . but it always irritates me when it's the celebrities/gazillionaires who get the freebies and the discounts on things they can afford. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with being a gazillionaire. Or wanting a discount. Or both. (The wealthiest people I know have stayed that way because they are careful with their money and look for bargains.)

But it does strike the wrong chord in this economy, IMO. There are a lot of really hardworking people who want to get married or recommit, would LOVE to do it with a Leon Mege ring, but are concerned about the expense with the markets the way they are, and could use this kind of a discount more than the NFL. Might encourage more upper-middle-class to lower-upper-class average Joes to open their wallets in this somewhat dire time.

Sigh. Sorry for the rant. I am in a foul temper this morning. Kids didn't sleep. DH is on day nine of a 12-day trip in an industry that was once flush and is now very shaky and scary in these times. Tired, tired, tired and a little too worried.

^^^^^
Maybe he wants free football tickets? Interesting that he didn't include MLB or any other major league sports. I mean, it's his business, he can do whatever he wants. I just found it a little odd/funny that this was posted so openly on his website. I am certain A LOT of professionals in many industries give special discounts like this, but it's just generally not so public.

Leon Mege can do whatever he wants, like I said. I don't think less of him and I'd be thrilled if he made a setting for me.

ETA: And I agree, it does strike an odd chord.

^^^^^
Maybe he wants free football tickets? Interesting that he didn't include MLB or any other major league sports. I mean, it's his business, he can do whatever he wants. I just found it a little odd/funny that this was posted so openly on his website. I am certain A LOT of professionals in many industries give special discounts like this, but it's just generally not so public.

Leon Mege can do whatever he wants, like I said. I don't think less of him and I'd be thrilled if he made a setting for me.

Oh, yes, he totally can do whatever he wants, and yes, you're right. . . it's usually not so public. Common practice, though, to discount to celebrities/sports stars/socialities/people in the public eye. It's smart/good business. (And who wouldn't love a Leon Mege ring?! I know I would! Perfectly my taste!)

The special celebrity treatment just leaves a bad taste in my mouth sometimes. I could seriously use some cheering up in the form of sparklies at the moment, lol, but the wallet is closed for business with the economy as it is, DH in a shaky business, and two small children. I am not so much a resenter of other peoples' stuff (I love looking at other peoples' things, actually, and am glad they have it, so I can ogle it, lol), I am just kind of over the freebies/celebrity discounts, I guess.

And again, sorry for the grumpy semi-hijack. I am having a bad start to the day and this just struck the wrong chord, I guess. ::embarrassed:: :Push:

yeah, he's definitely football specific! I think he's hoping for a trade. . . which is fair enough I guess. You give him free tix, he discounts your order.

My DH is traveling every Sunday night thru Friday evening right now, so we see him on average 1.5 days/week - it's brutal!

^^^^
Yeah. My dad has definitely traded his professional services for other things. It happens a lot. I crack up thinking of Mr. Mege being a raging football fan... lol

My DH is traveling every Sunday night thru Friday evening right now, so we see him on average 1.5 days/week - it's brutal!

Rough with little kids, isn't it? I always expected my DH would travel (my Dad still travels extensively for work, so that's what I *know*), and he always has, but never THIS much. (Lately 10-12 days gone, a handful of days-- 2-4-- at home but still working, and then 10-12 more away.) This summer he's probably going to be gone 2-3 weeks at a time. With a 5yo and a 2yo at home that gets old quickly!

All hail to us moms at home with kids while husbands travel. It's quite a job!

(And, oh yes, back to topic!) :P

"NFL team support staff with access to free game passes - 10% OFF"

So, he wants free game passes...What if I am support staff with no game passes? I get nothing? This is so sad. ITA.. NFL players make enough to pay full price!