Leon Mege -- this is who he gives discounts to!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. LOL I guess he wants to make friends with people who are in the NFL...

Found this posted on his website.

I love him!!!

2. oooh, maybe I need to get my BFF to order my setting!?
    Not fair!!!

DO like the military discount though :biggrin:

3. ^^
    I can definately help you out here!:graucho:

4. I love you T!:love:

5. Um, OK. I love the military discount. . . and the discount for *support staff.*

. . . but why, exactly, do guys who make millions already (for playing a game, I might add) get a hefty discount, when guys like my husband, who work 80+ hour weeks every week and spend three weeks out of four on the road, away from their wife and small children, don't get squat?

Things like this make me mad. I know it makes sense from a marketing perspective-- people in the press wear the jewelry, the masses see it and want it. . . but it always irritates me when it's the celebrities/gazillionaires who get the freebies and the discounts on things they can afford. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with being a gazillionaire. Or wanting a discount. Or both. (The wealthiest people I know have stayed that way because they are careful with their money and look for bargains.)

But it does strike the wrong chord in this economy, IMO. There are a lot of really hardworking people who want to get married or recommit, would LOVE to do it with a Leon Mege ring, but are concerned about the expense with the markets the way they are, and could use this kind of a discount more than the NFL. Might encourage more upper-middle-class to lower-upper-class average Joes to open their wallets in this somewhat dire time.

Sigh. Sorry for the rant. I am in a foul temper this morning. Kids didn't sleep. DH is on day nine of a 12-day trip in an industry that was once flush and is now very shaky and scary in these times. Tired, tired, tired and a little too worried.

6. ^^^^^
    Maybe he wants free football tickets? Interesting that he didn't include MLB or any other major league sports. I mean, it's his business, he can do whatever he wants. I just found it a little odd/funny that this was posted so openly on his website. I am certain A LOT of professionals in many industries give special discounts like this, but it's just generally not so public.

Leon Mege can do whatever he wants, like I said. I don't think less of him and I'd be thrilled if he made a setting for me.

ETA: And I agree, it does strike an odd chord.

7. Oh, yes, he totally can do whatever he wants, and yes, you're right. . . it's usually not so public. Common practice, though, to discount to celebrities/sports stars/socialities/people in the public eye. It's smart/good business. (And who wouldn't love a Leon Mege ring?! I know I would! Perfectly my taste!)

The special celebrity treatment just leaves a bad taste in my mouth sometimes. I could seriously use some cheering up in the form of sparklies at the moment, lol, but the wallet is closed for business with the economy as it is, DH in a shaky business, and two small children. I am not so much a resenter of other peoples' stuff (I love looking at other peoples' things, actually, and am glad they have it, so I can ogle it, lol), I am just kind of over the freebies/celebrity discounts, I guess.

And again, sorry for the grumpy semi-hijack. I am having a bad start to the day and this just struck the wrong chord, I guess. ::embarrassed:: :Push:

8. ^^^^
    No no, I totally hear where you're coming from! I posted it because it strike a funny chord with me, too.

9. yeah, he's definitely football specific! I think he's hoping for a trade. . . which is fair enough I guess. You give him free tix, he discounts your order.

My DH is traveling every Sunday night thru Friday evening right now, so we see him on average 1.5 days/week - it's brutal!

10. ^^^^
    Yeah. My dad has definitely traded his professional services for other things. It happens a lot. I crack up thinking of Mr. Mege being a raging football fan... lol

11. I know, right!? LOL! Cute.

Oh just noticed discount is over. Maybe he only does this for a couple of weeks before playoffs each year.

12. Rough with little kids, isn't it? I always expected my DH would travel (my Dad still travels extensively for work, so that's what I *know*), and he always has, but never THIS much. (Lately 10-12 days gone, a handful of days-- 2-4-- at home but still working, and then 10-12 more away.) This summer he's probably going to be gone 2-3 weeks at a time. With a 5yo and a 2yo at home that gets old quickly!

All hail to us moms at home with kids while husbands travel. It's quite a job!

(And, oh yes, back to topic!) :P

13. "NFL team support staff with access to free game passes - 10% OFF"

So, he wants free game passes...What if I am support staff with no game passes? I get nothing? This is so sad. ITA.. NFL players make enough to pay full price!

14. support staff gets game passes:yes: Or can get them.
    Just sayin'