Lent 2010 - what are you giving up?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Not sure if I can post the topic as its religious based, but curious as to what people are giving up, if you observe Lent that is.

I'm trying to figure out what I can give up, I stopped drinking alcohol, soda, juice, milk, soda, white carbs, processed foods like McD's and such already as I am trying to get fit and lose weight....everyday is like Lent for me!

I was thinking maybe I should give up shopping!!! No ebay, no ulta, no Macys etc etc. Only food shopping and daily essentials like soap, toothpaste etc. Now that would be really hard!

2. I'm giving up cursing. It's a bad habit and I don't like doing it but sometimes I can't stop myself. I just came back from Mass and it gave me a renewed sense of spirit. I hope everyone has a nice Ash Wednesday.

3. I am giving up "Fast Food"...which is going to be so hard b/c I treat myself once a week to something bad which is usually "Rasin' Canes"...who how I will miss my chicken finger sandwich :drool:

4. I'm giving up potato chips. I'm craving them right now, LOL. :lol:

5. I decided to give up shopping....dang. its only been a day and already want to go buy makeup! must not give in to temptation!

6. Sugar! For some reason, I have taken to eating sweets like a mad woman. It MUST stop.

7. Cursing... I have a potty mouth, like a sailor! LOL So I really want to control it.

8. Shopping, for a while, anyway

9. I will try to give up rice, fast food, bread, and chocolate! Alot? Yes it is!! If I fail with one of these I have the other ones to look forward to. :wacko::wacko:

10. Coke, I need to!

11. Nothing!!

I'm pregnant and had to give up alcohol & caffeine and raw fish and proper steaks... and then I flunked my glucose tests so I had to give up sweets and go low-carb.

At work, I had to accept a pay cut in the form of furloughs, so I've already had to cut back on spending....

So for Lent, I'm just going to try to be more gracious and appreciate all the good things I still have in my life.

12. Congrats Junkenpo!!!!

13. Ice cream and chocolate candy. My two all time biggest weaknesses. :sweatdrop:

My goal is to break the habit completely so when Lent is over I can still continue to go without....:roflmfao:

14. Decided on cake...*been tough because I eat cake everyday after my meal :sweatdrop:

15. Cigarettes. Permanently, I hope.