Length of VA bracelet with links removed

is there anyone who's had a total of 8 links removed (2 links between each motif) be willing to post modeling photos, and their wrist size? I have a 14cm wrist, my understanding is this short of a bracelet is 15.5cm in length, and I am 95% sure that when I tried the demo/sizer in the boutique last year, they told me "8 motifs removed." But common sense is telling me this is too short (I do wear all my bracelets snug though, 15 reg love, 16 love cuff), TIA!

This is me! My wrists are 13cm. I've had 8 links removed (so 16 hoops altogether). The bracelet is 16cm long. In fact, all my VCA and non-VCA tennis bracelets are of this length.

My Cartier ceramic pave Love is 16, but it's a little too big for me. They didn't have 15 when I bought it. But anyhow, I don't like my bracelets too tight.

1594355364469.png

1594355622814.png

Last edited:
This is me! My wrists are 13cm. I've had 8 links removed (so 16 hoops altogether). The bracelet is 16cm long. In fact, all my VCA and non-VCA tennis bracelets are of this length.

My Cartier ceramic pave Love is 16, but it's a little too big for me. They didn't have 15 when I bought it. But anyhow, I don't like my bracelets too tight.

View attachment 4783522

View attachment 4783524

Thank you! is there any hang or room for movement?

Reactions: Phoenix123
I hope this picture is helpful. My wrists are 14 cm and the bracelet is very loose on me even with the links removed

View attachment 4784033

This picture with the measurement helps me because I think this is the length I need. Taking out another link between each motif will make it the same length as Phoenix's which she said is 16mm. I wouldn't be happy with an unequal length of chain between the motifs. LuckyMe on the first page also has 14mm wrists and she removed 4 links and thinks 8 would be too tight so she is keeping it with 4 removed. However, I personally have the idea of adding one link back on the end of the bracelet, so that might help you, too, if you had 8 removed between the motifs. It would be better if you were dealing with a boutique to try to get this worked out correctly, though.

You'd have to have VCA remove the links in the event you ever needed other work done on the bracelet such as replacing a motif. I know it is disappointing that the length still isn't short enough. A chain bracelet is supposed to be a little loose and will hang down on the hand somewhat with the arm down but it should not slip off the hand. It is definitely too big if it will slip off your hand while fastened.

Last edited:
hi everyone, i'm having an issue with the sizing of my bracelet as well. the SA removed too many links and it feels too tight.
can i just go to the boutique and drop them my bracelet or do i still need to schedule an appointment (NYC boutique)?
i'm not looking to purchase anything, i just want to have my bracelet resized. TIA.

hi everyone, i'm having an issue with the sizing of my bracelet as well. the SA removed too many links and it feels too tight.
can i just go to the boutique and drop them my bracelet or do i still need to schedule an appointment (NYC boutique)?
i'm not looking to purchase anything, i just want to have my bracelet resized. TIA.

I think you will have to make an appointment because they can only allow a certain number of customers in there at one time. It seems like a lot of people are having sizing issues. They REALLY need to have sample bracelets at different lengths so people can get it sized right the first time!

I hope this picture is helpful. My wrists are 14 cm and the bracelet is very loose on me even with the links removed

View attachment 4784033

thanks this is quite helpful! This is nearly 18cm which would be loose by my preference. But I'm mainly wondering if 16cm (8 links removed) would be too tight on a 14cm wrist because I don't want to have the uneven spacing of removing 6 links. 16cm (with a tape measure at least) still moves up a down a bit on my wrist, so my hunch is it's probably ok. I probably just need to stop being lazy and get down to the boutique at some point though

Reactions: icedcoffee
thanks this is quite helpful! This is nearly 18cm which would be loose by my preference. But I'm mainly wondering if 16cm (8 links removed) would be too tight on a 14cm wrist because I don't want to have the uneven spacing of removing 6 links. 16cm (with a tape measure at least) still moves up a down a bit on my wrist, so my hunch is it's probably ok. I probably just need to stop being lazy and get down to the boutique at some point though
My wrist is 14cm. This is the movement on my right wrist which is a bit bigger. It is summer so that could be of an influence too... Hope it helps!

A05EE81F-199B-47FA-9262-A3299E347EBC.jpeg901F8B2A-5622-4BF7-BCC1-BC50D95035BF.jpegFF43A67D-E77D-4C68-80F0-907F81467D74.jpeg

I wonder the same thing. I wear a size 16 Love and it is not snug at all so i guess i could have the 8 links removed for a tight fit. But i am not sure i like the look of the clovers so close to each other...

Here are pics of two bracelets with 6 links removed and one with 8 links.
For reference my wrist is 13.5 cm.
I fit both both. I did 6, but I think I prefer 8. Wonder if I will make the adjustment. My mom likes 8 links removed. According to VCA, 8 is the most they will remove.AA9968E0-E69B-49A2-8EE9-95F3A1674E3C.jpeg
I like being able to see a lot of motifs at one time. And a lot of shifting around bothers me.
923A28E6-4395-4091-9446-B782997A0785.jpeg

Last edited:
I fit both both. I did 6, but I think I prefer 8. Wonder if I will make the adjustment. My mom likes 8 links removed. According to VCA, 8 is the most they will remove.View attachment 4785348
I like being able to see a lot of motifs at one time. And a lot of shifting around bothers me.
View attachment 4785351

gosh these are beautiful! I'm the same, the constant sliding up and down my arm really bothers me and I love the way yours fit. My wrist is a tad bigger though, does the lapis bracelet still move down the wrist or is there no movement at all?

gosh these are beautiful! I'm the same, the constant sliding up and down my arm really bothers me and I love the way yours fit. My wrist is a tad bigger though, does the lapis bracelet still move down the wrist or is there no movement at all?
Thank you. The blue is agate actually. I do love it. The blue shifts up and down by three inches. It moves over my wrist bone with no problem. One thing they never do is flip, which I love.
This is as low as it goes.
1B18843D-0876-44A3-862D-A7030AF7CDB6.jpegE11BB515-4139-415E-B1A7-D92FBF7AA7B5.jpeg

I fit both both. I did 6, but I think I prefer 8. Wonder if I will make the adjustment. My mom likes 8 links removed. According to VCA, 8 is the most they will remove.View attachment 4785348
View attachment 4785351
I have the same wrist size as you and tried on the sample bracelets in store and decided to have 8 links removed. The clasp of the sample bracelet is kinda hard to open. Do you find it difficult to put the 8 links removed bracelet on yourself?