Lemon Brooke?

orkneydaisy

viva glasvegas
O.G.
Aug 29, 2007
Hello!

I'm still here under a haze of essays and coursework :girlsigh: although I don't post very often just now. My dilemma is I got a Brooke in Lemon for Xmas but haven't used it, I don't know if I'm starting to go off it or if its just a bad idea to buy summer bags in december. I love the Brooke in snakeskin (bought one before but returned it) and they have the Brooke in more classic colours at the outlets, I dont know whether to get rid of the Lemon Brooke and get one in a more classic colour, ie oak or chocolate but I already have 2 bags in darwin black, an oak bag and a chocolate bag so maybe its better to keep the lemon as its a bit different? I'm just worried the lemon is a bit too seasonal? But its a nice splash of colour in my bag collection all the same.

Hmmmm - I think maybe you should wait a bit for summer. Don't you think you will use it more? Also, as far as the seasonal issue, I love yellow with browns and blacks, so I think it could be an all year round bag. Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who lives in a very mild climate with very little winter. Anyway, I think you should wait a bit before making a decision. Pretty weather is on the way!

Nothing wrong with seasonal bags Daisy - think of it this way, going into autumn lemon brooke goes into hibernation, come spring she comes out again and for you it's like getting a new bag all over again without the expense.

Daisy, I'm loving my lemon Roxy. It's such a great pop of colour, sounds daft but it cheers me up. Your Brooke would look fab on a strap & it is an all round colour, it looks lovely with black. But, as Riff says, it is always nice to be able to put a bag away for a few months & then re-discover it.

thanks so much for your replies! I guess the thing is I've been looking at it thinking, "right spring is here, better get her out" but its been sat on its shelf so long now I guess I'm just used to passing it over! I'd hate to get rid of it and regret it though, and it would be a lovely summer bag...........which is why I wanted one in the first place lol. My other gripe is that one of my best friends has a ginger brooke which I loooove, and then I think of mine and am a bit :hrmm: The thing is I'd never copy her and get the same colour brooke, I just think she wears hers very well!

When the sun starts shining & you can get out in white linen, that lemon Brooke will look gorgeous. It's not a colour everyone has so you're going to be different too which is always nice.
I've had so many compliments about my lemon Roxy & it's always the colour that they go on about.

I'd defiantely keep it,we do get summers sometimes!! And you'll be so glad you have it then!!! I am getting very impatient for spring to hurry up and stop messing about,I got a Pink bag that needs air!!!!
So Daisy,keep it,at least until the middle of summer,see how you feel then,if you don't like it,you still have the rest of summer to sell it at the right time,as its a summer bag. (as Riff very sensibly pointed out to me over my YSL)

I agree that you should keep it and see if you will use it when the sun decides to come out. If, the Autumn comes again and you didn't use it over the summer then maybe let it go and get one in another colour but I think if you get rid of it now then you may regret it when it is a lovely sunny day!!!