Lei Selleria Bag Reveal !!!

Coconuts40

Aug 3, 2014
Ok, so I have been a big fan of Fendi since purchasing my Fendi BTW bag. I used to love Fendi in my teens, and then strayed away from it. I returned back to it with the discovery of the BTW. Just this past weekend I was tempted in purchasing the Scallop Runway Fendi BTW....Until I saw this beauty on the Fendi website. It reminded me so much of the Loewe puzzle bag without the puzzle pieces. What I love the most about this, which I think is a huge advantage over the Loewe puzzle bag is the large zipper that allows for more to be fitted in the bag. It is a great Boston bag, and I truly think it will last for years to come. There is nothing about this bag that screams labels and is such a minimalist bag that I hope to use it for years to come.

I went for the grey but was very tempted to get the toffee. Here in Canada they only had the navy, grey, toffee, and silver. I might have been tempted if they had black, but I think the grey has such a nice look to it.

The bad: the price!! It cost me $3500 Canadian, ouch!!. I think that is very steep but again, because it is so simple, I think it will be a classic. The zipper is also more anterior to the handle, likely to allow the flaps to be snapped to the side. This was a big problem with some BTW's where the flap had to be tucked in to the bag.

Apparently this is a new creation under the direction of Karl Lagerfeld since he took over Fendi. It also is hand made with hand stitching. It is also bigger than my BTW.

It comes with a nice strap which is a long shoulder strap. I am 5.6" and can wear it as a cross body that will fit above my hips but nonetheless It can be done. I also have the BTW strap which I can use. I included a photo of the Strap You that I have that is navy/yellow which I plan to also use with this. It is a mix of gold/silver but I don't care. IMG_4199.JPGIMG_4200.JPG

Here she is !!

Ok, so I have been a big fan of Fendi since purchasing my Fendi BTW bag. I used to love Fendi in my teens, and then strayed away from it. I returned back to it with the discovery of the BTW. Just this past weekend I was tempted in purchasing the Scallop Runway Fendi BTW....Until I saw this beauty on the Fendi website. It reminded me so much of the Loewe puzzle bag without the puzzle pieces. What I love the most about this, which I think is a huge advantage over the Loewe puzzle bag is the large zipper that allows for more to be fitted in the bag. It is a great Boston bag, and I truly think it will last for years to come. There is nothing about this bag that screams labels and is such a minimalist bag that I hope to use it for years to come.

I went for the grey but was very tempted to get the toffee. Here in Canada they only had the navy, grey, toffee, and silver. I might have been tempted if they had black, but I think the grey has such a nice look to it.

The bad: the price!! It cost me $3500 Canadian, ouch!!. I think that :heart:is very steep but again, because it is so simple, I think it will be a classic. The zipper is also more anterior to the handle, likely to allow the flaps to be snapped to the side. This was a big problem with some BTW's where the flap had to be tucked in to the bag.

Apparently this is a new creation under the direction of Karl Lagerfeld since he took over Fendi. It also is hand made with hand stitching. It is also bigger than my BTW.

It comes with a nice strap which is a long shoulder strap. I am 5.6" and can wear it as a cross body that will fit above my hips but nonetheless It can be done. I also have the BTW strap which I can use. I included a photo of the Strap You that I have that is navy/yellow which I plan to also use with this. It is a mix of gold/silver but I don't care. View attachment 3618623View attachment 3618624

Here she is !!
This looks like the kind of bag I would also pick. I've been looking for a Boston bag that doesn't have big, obvious logos. Considered Loewe puzzle bag too but somehow I want a more classic-looking bag. I think this is it. Great choice. Congratulations!!:heart:

The bad: the price!! It cost me $3500 Canadian, ouch!!. I think that is very steep but again, because it is so simple, I think it will be a classic. The zipper is also more anterior to the handle, likely to allow the flaps to be snapped to the side. This was a big problem with some BTW's where the flap had to be tucked in to the bag.

It comes with a nice strap which is a long shoulder strap. I am 5.6" and can wear it as a cross body that will fit above my hips but nonetheless It can be done. I also have the BTW strap which I can use. I included a photo of the Strap You that I have that is navy/yellow which I plan to also use with this. It is a mix of gold/silver but I don't care. View attachment 3618623View attachment 3618624

Here she is !!
Big big congrats, Coconuts40! :hugs: I love the color! I think grey is so versatile! :loveeyes: And the leather is fabulous! :hbeat: I agree, it will last for years to come and it will be a classic! Enjoy! :tup:

Reactions: Coconuts40
This looks like the kind of bag I would also pick. I've been looking for a Boston bag that doesn't have big, obvious logos. Considered Loewe puzzle bag too but somehow I want a more classic-looking bag. I think this is it. Great choice. Congratulations!!:heart:

Hi MochaCake, thank you! It sounds like we are both looking for similar things in a bag. I also don't like logos on a bag, and I don't care if people know what bag I am carrying. I want a beautifully designed, very functional, well made bag that will last for years to come. I have logo fatigue in handbags and clothing, lol! The one thing I don't like about Loewe puzzle bags, is that the zipper does not extend to the edges of the bag. Therefore although it is a large and spacious bag, you are struggling putting larger items in and taking them out. I took a good look at the puzzle bag one day and concluded I hated the length of the zipper. Take a look at this Fendi bag, it is beautifully made and I feel I made a good decision for a bag that I feel I will carry for years to come. xo

Big big congrats, Coconuts40! :hugs: I love the color! I think grey is so versatile! :loveeyes: And the leather is fabulous! :hbeat: I agree, it will last for years to come and it will be a classic! Enjoy! :tup:

Thank you Crisbac :smile: I honestly did not think I would buy it today but once I saw it I knew it was the right bag for me. I am so impressed with Fendi leather and their craftsmanship lately. This bag does not disappoint. Thank you, it is a beautiful grey and exactly the size and style I am looking for. :yahoo:

Reactions: crisbac
Hi MochaCake, thank you! It sounds like we are both looking for similar things in a bag. I also don't like logos on a bag, and I don't care if people know what bag I am carrying. I want a beautifully designed, very functional, well made bag that will last for years to come. I have logo fatigue in handbags and clothing, lol! The one thing I don't like about Loewe puzzle bags, is that the zipper does not extend to the edges of the bag. Therefore although it is a large and spacious bag, you are struggling putting larger items in and taking them out. I took a good look at the puzzle bag one day and concluded I hated the length of the zipper. Take a look at this Fendi bag, it is beautifully made and I feel I made a good decision for a bag that I feel I will carry for years to come. xo
Hi Coconuts, thanks for your input. Ease of use is one criteria I am looking for in a bag as well. Definitely I will take a look at this one. I hope I can get hold of a grey too. Enjoy your beautiful bag!:heart:

Thank you Crisbac :smile: I honestly did not think I would buy it today but once I saw it I knew it was the right bag for me. I am so impressed with Fendi leather and their craftsmanship lately. This bag does not disappoint. Thank you, it is a beautiful grey and exactly the size and style I am looking for. :yahoo:
You're welcome, Coconuts40! :yw: I came back to see your pics again! Gorgeous! :loveeyes:

Here she is !!

Congrats Coconuts40!!! I have been looking at the Lei Bag in the past few weeks. I was super excited when I saw your post last night with the Facebook picture and your reveal today. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures.

I really like the Lei Bag in toffee, did you see the toffee colour in real life?

You're welcome, Coconuts40! :yw: I came back to see your pics again! Gorgeous! :loveeyes:

Awww, you're so sweet, thank you!!! :smile:

Congrats Coconuts40!!! I have been looking at the Lei Bag in the past few weeks. I was super excited when I saw your post last night with the Facebook picture and your reveal today. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures.

I really like the Lei Bag in toffee, did you see the toffee colour in real life?

Yes!! The toffee is incredible, truly !! I spent a lot of time going back and forth between the toffee and the grey. Even when I left with this grey, I kept thinking of the toffee. If I like the grey as much as I think I do, I may just make the toffee my second Lei :lol:There are some brown bags that make you question how they will age. Well, not the toffee, I feel even as it ages, it will still look incredible!

Reactions: crisbac and Siutip
Awww, you're so sweet, thank you!!! :smile:

Yes!! The toffee is incredible, truly !! I spent a lot of time going back and forth between the toffee and the grey. Even when I left with this grey, I kept thinking of the toffee. If I like the grey as much as I think I do, I may just make the toffee my second Lei :lol:There are some brown bags that make you question how they will age. Well, not the toffee, I feel even as it ages, it will still look incredible!

I am in Canada as well. May I ask where did you buy this bag? I am planning to check it out in person first and then buy it from Fendi online store. Once again, thank you for your reveal and review!!

I am in Canada as well. May I ask where did you buy this bag? I am planning to check it out in person first and then buy it from Fendi online store. Once again, thank you for your reveal and review!!

Sure, I got it at the Fendi boutique within Holt Renfrew in Toronto. Let me know if you are able to save some money from buying it online. I considered that also but I have a good rapport with Fendi and decided that if I buy it from the store I know they would be super helpful if I have any issues with my bags. So I bit the bullet and purchased it at the store. But as a fellow Canadian, I would love to know your experience purchasing it online, for future Fendi purchases :angel:

Thanks Coconuts40!! I plan to go to the Holt Renfrew in Yorkdale to see if they have the Lei Bag in store. If they don't , I may need to make a trip to downtown. I tried to "checkout" a bag online and I think there may be no tax.... but I could be wrong. If I decide to go for it, I will report back to this post. ;)

Thanks Coconuts40!! I plan to go to the Holt Renfrew in Yorkdale to see if they have the Lei Bag in store. If they don't , I may need to make a trip to downtown. I tried to "checkout" a bag online and I think there may be no tax.... but I could be wrong. If I decide to go for it, I will report back to this post. ;)

Yes, I purchased mine at Bloor.
You many want to double check before you order online, as there may be import fees/duty fees.

Yes, I purchased mine at Bloor.
You many want to double check before you order online, as there may be import fees/duty fees.

Yes. I will need to do some homework before purchasing online.

When I bought my Burberry coat from the online store, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they only charge me for the price of the coat and nothing else! I am hoping for the same when purchasing from Fendi.com.