Legal Purse Parties?

Vanhornink, you probably got a hold of the Queen Bee of the purse pyramid world in your area. Of course she's gonna contact you immediately, these things only work if she recruits and get a bunch of worker bees underneath her. I hate pyramid parties. You get sucked into going to one because you want to support your friend who has been suckered into throwing a party-usually with promises of free gifts and discounts. You sit there and listen to some cheesy presentation and do some cheesy games. Then the consultant lines you up to take your orders and tries recruit you. I'm not much of a "joiner" so the consultants usually stay clear of me. I had a Mary Kay "Queen Bee" try to make me feel bad by saying that everybody in the room (there was only 6 of us) was so motivated except for me. I told her, "No I just don't want to sell your makeup. I don't need anymore money."
I do wonder if they whip out the fake purses at these parties. You know, lure you in with the legal purses then whip out the fake ones at the last moment.

^^^ I dont mind it so much. I mean, if you are going to buy kitchen stuff or candles or whatever I dont mind buying them at a blank-party, you know? I havent hosted any, but my mom and aunts do different ones and my moms theory is that if you are going to buy x-item anyway, why not host the stupid party and get what you wanted to buy anyway for free?

There are a thousand different types of these things out there, I would be wary of one I hadnt heard of before or that didnt have a website to see the merchandise. My best friend went to one that was ALL knock offs, but the others I went to with relatively nice bags were all online so i got to see the bags first.

^^^ I dont mind it so much. I mean, if you are going to buy kitchen stuff or candles or whatever I dont mind buying them at a blank-party, you know? I havent hosted any, but my mom and aunts do different ones and my moms theory is that if you are going to buy x-item anyway, why not host the stupid party and get what you wanted to buy anyway for free?

There are a thousand different types of these things out there, I would be wary of one I hadnt heard of before or that didnt have a website to see the merchandise. My best friend went to one that was ALL knock offs, but the others I went to with relatively nice bags were all online so i got to see the bags first.

Oh yeah when you put it that way it's not so bad (aside from the knock off ones of course). I was just getting a little put off from the whole "queen bee and her minions" thing :lol:.

Some of the local restaurants and store have a display set up where you can enter to "win" a free Mary Kay makeover and $10 gift card. I once filled out an entry blank and was called shortly after. The lady was really pushy about me coming to her house for my "prize" right away. She gave me such creepy vibes I didn't show. She called when I didn't show! I ended up blocking her number. I get the feeling that everyone who fills out those forms "wins". It's probably just a way for them to get people's information so they can contact them for recruiting purposes.

Hey KmH1190 I think your right about her being the "queen bee", I don't want to call her back because she's going to try and talk me into having a party and I'm not interested in having one, I was being nosy on their website wanting to see what they had. I feel its being rude not to call her back, but I don't feel like dealing with her and pushing me into having a party.

Some of the local restaurants and store have a display set up where you can enter to "win" a free Mary Kay makeover and $10 gift card. I once filled out an entry blank and was called shortly after. The lady was really pushy about me coming to her house for my "prize" right away. She gave me such creepy vibes I didn't show. She called when I didn't show! I ended up blocking her number. I get the feeling that everyone who fills out those forms "wins". It's probably just a way for them to get people's information so they can contact them for recruiting purposes.

Every Mary Kay person gives free makeovers and free samples - this was just an easy (read: lazy) way for her to drum up some business. I wouldnt put my phone number in a box if I didnt know the business or person, who knows who might collect that box!

I *loathe* all those stupid direct-sell / pyramid schemes... The receptionist at my work sells Tastefully Simple, and the stuff is crap for what it costs. She also used to do those purse parties, and she carries around fake Dooneys and Coaches that look like crud...

Recently, my best friend's mom got into selling Silpada jewelry, and she's turned into such a zombie nut since then... It's almost cultish, if you ask me. Ugh, no thanks! :yucky:

I *loathe* all those stupid direct-sell / pyramid schemes... The receptionist at my work sells Tastefully Simple, and the stuff is crap for what it costs. She also used to do those purse parties, and she carries around fake Dooneys and Coaches that look like crud...

Recently, my best friend's mom got into selling Silpada jewelry, and she's turned into such a zombie nut since then... It's almost cultish, if you ask me. Ugh, no thanks! :yucky:

haha it's funny how you said cultish. It reminds me of a movie but I don't remember but with Mary Kay people in it lol

I've been to Mary Kay parties before, and they were always fun! Yeah, of course they want you to host parties, that's how they make money. But some of the women were really nice and not too pushy, and also said you could order from the catalog any time without having a party. They give incentives for people to have the parties, but no one will force you to. We always had a blast, we'd have snacks and drinks and enjoy whatever type of party it was, goof around, play with the products, and buy some stuff. The MK stuff I've bought in the past has been really nice, too.

I know with Mary Kay, they do offer some good opportunities for the women that sell their things (like the cars, and the opportunity to make your own hours... one of the women that did the parties had children, and she said it was nice to be able to stay home with them during the day, do parties at night, and the kids had fun helping her do little stuff like put labels on the packages). They also donate to some good causes.

I think it varies, and depends on the person that's doing it. There will always be overbearing, annoying people trying to sell you stuff, but they're not all that way. My friend's aunt got back into doing MK after taking some time off, so it must not have been too bad for her if she went back to it.

edit: Oh! One thing I forgot about... has anyone ever heard of there being purse parties where you design your own purse?

I was out with my friends and someone one of them knew had this adorable little bag made of some different types of fabric (looked really nice, too), and she said she did it at a party where you designed your own. That sounds like a blast! I'd definitely go to one that was like that. Hers was just adorable.

^^^They have one of those companies at Learning Express for making bags for little girls and diaper bags. They have little kiosks and you come back to pick them up, but they also do design your own bag parties. I think if I took care of girls they would be fun!

It's funny that I'm reading this today because yesterday I received an invite to a Pampered Chef party and immediately thought I AM NOT going... no way! You always end up buying things you don't need and spending money you can spend on something you actually want.

I just wanted to give some quick information about Purse Party!

I know a lot of you on here are into designer purses and that is fine. Unfortunately a lot of people can not afford them!

At Purse Party we offer the latest trends in purses and jewelry at affordable prices. We do not offer knock offs, nor do we ever intend to. Our purses are based off on NY and Paris fashion week as well as trends that you see in fashion magazines.

A lot of women turn to direct sales to make extra money and to receive products for free!

It is not for everyone, but truly does work for a lot.

I will add though that most purse parties that are out there are illegal, ours however is 100% legit.

Thanks!
Amber
xxxxxxxxxx
NO advertising or links here!