Legacy Tote 12705

khalloc

O.G.
Dec 12, 2007
Does anyone have this bag? I think i love it. It looks big though but i might want a large bag to carry stuff in like books and what not. I like either the brown or white, but on the Japan site they have a dark green which is also nice.

Whats the leather like? Is it soft? shiny? Is it ok to get wet (like if i was walking in the rain)? On the website it says it has legacy lining, but there is one on ebay with a dark purple/pink lining. Is that a fake or just a pilot or what?

I'd love to see some modeling pictures or links to posts where people talk about it. I hate that the search is ALWAYS down right when I find a bag I want more info on!

Hi! I have this bag in brown and I do love it. It's good size. I had been searching for a great chocolate-y brown bag from Coach for months and I am totally thrilled with this one. I use it when I travel for business. The different compartments are good for bottled water, a book to read and boarding passes. I did put a small Coach umbrella in it once as well and it was great!

The leather has a sheen to it but not quite like patent. Early on, I posted a question about the difference in the lining as well. Apparently, some of the first bags to hit the department stores did not have legacy lining. I purchased mine from the Coach boutique and it does have legacy lining. Regarding the rain, I will not lie, when I've been out in the rain, I covered my bag with whatever scarf/sweater/jacket I was wearing at the time. It probably wou'd have been fine in the rain and I was probably paranoid for no reason. I don't get the impression that spots would show up on the brown one and the leather really seems like it would hold up in the rain.

I can post modeling pictures later today when I get home. But I'm sure someone will post some for you before then :smile:

All in all, this a great bag. I love the unique design and all of the different compartments. Plus the ratio of hardware to letaher is good. It has just the right amount of brass on it. I think ALL of the colors and fabrics in this bag are wonderful. I'll have to check out the dk green one - it sounds really pretty. I would love to get the suede/patent one!!!

Coachie4Nessie - Thanks! I emailed Coach to ask about the green one and they said its all sold out. :sad: But I also like the brown, white, and maybe the grey. I was finally able to search and see some pics of the grey one, but I would love to see your brown one if you get a chance! I love it, I just dont know if I can spend $698 on one. I wish they would have a PCE!

khalloc - Finally! Pics of my brown legacy tote. Sorryt it took so long. I eally do love the bag. I also got a matching stripe wristlet along with the ponytail scarf. If you want to see other pics let me know, I'll try to take them :smile:

C4N_08.jpg

C4N_10.jpg

C4N_04.jpg

C4N_06.jpg

Funny...I just started a thread a few days ago about this bag asking whether I should get brown or white!!! LOL..... the majority voted for the brown but I'm still leaning towards parchment (white). Although, coachie4neesie's pics are changing my mind again! The brown looks GREAT with that scarf!!!!:graucho:

One thing that I found, the brown definitely has the slight sheen that the other colors in this garcia leather have BUT the parchment does not have the sheen at all and it does not have the same texture/feel. The parchment feels like VERY soft leather (doesn't have that slight pleather feeling that some have mentioned which must be caused from the sheen). The parchment also doesn't show scratches AT ALL. I also like the fact that parchment can be worn with brown or black..pretty much anything. Both colors could be worn year round IMO. Then again the brown will not show dirt as easily and may look new longer than the parchment especially if you wear it often. .....as you can see..I've been putting a lot of thought into these two colors!!! :yes:
I'm hoping to decide by this weekend. I'll let you know what I end up with...Good luck with your decision!! I've seen both in person so if you have anymore questions...ask away!

I too have this bag, but in the gray leather. I am pleased as of right now with the bag.. I LOVED it at first then it started to lose it's shape some but I just fixed that today with the large purseket and it seems to do the job in keeping the shape. Other than that I love everything else about the bag especially all the pockets.. and the lining is very pretty too. It also has a perfect drop for me.

Tara, I will try the purseket. I've read a few posts about it and now that you say it fits perfectly in the tote, I'm going to have to seriously check it out! Thanks for the tip!:tup:

Funny...I just started a thread a few days ago about this bag asking whether I should get brown or white!!! LOL..... the majority voted for the brown but I'm still leaning towards parchment (white). Although, coachie4neesie's pics are changing my mind again! The brown looks GREAT with that scarf!!!!:graucho:

One thing that I found, the brown definitely has the slight sheen that the other colors in this garcia leather have BUT the parchment does not have the sheen at all and it does not have the same texture/feel. The parchment feels like VERY soft leather (doesn't have that slight pleather feeling that some have mentioned which must be caused from the sheen). The parchment also doesn't show scratches AT ALL. I also like the fact that parchment can be worn with brown or black..pretty much anything. Both colors could be worn year round IMO. Then again the brown will not show dirt as easily and may look new longer than the parchment especially if you wear it often. .....as you can see..I've been putting a lot of thought into these two colors!!! :yes:
I'm hoping to decide by this weekend. I'll let you know what I end up with...Good luck with your decision!! I've seen both in person so if you have anymore questions...ask away!

Oooooh, I can wait to see which one you'll get. It was a toss up for me with the parchment as well. Brown ended up being the right choice for me because I tend to wear a lot of earth tones all winter. You must post a picture to let us know what you decided!!!:graucho:

Oooooh, I can wait to see which one you'll get. It was a toss up for me with the parchment as well. Brown ended up being the right choice for me because I tend to wear a lot of earth tones all winter. You must post a picture to let us know what you decided!!!:graucho:

really? I just think the parchment is gorgeous but the brown is too! I live in Arizona so I feel like I can easily get away with parchment year round. I wear both brown/earth tones and black/colors throughout the year so the parchment may be better for me since I don't change out my bags often. I'll let you know what I decide! I'm going to Coach on Saturday. The Scottsdale store has the parchment in stock so I won't have to order it and I can compare the parchment and brown side by side. :tup:

I LOVE that tote Neesie! And it looks amazing on you!:tup:

I bought a base shaper for my Neverfull because the bottom was sagging. I'm not sure if it's like a purseket though.

cverhoff - No. I think I'll have see them in person. And I cant do that anytime soon because I live in VT and there are no Coach stores here! I may like the parchment better, but brown makes more sense for me. Or maybe the grey, I do like the grey too. But honestly I cant spend the $$ on this right now, my DH would kill me. I'll have to wait for a PCE and to use the $100 credit i have at Coach. Poor me!