Legacy Thompson Hobo-- a bag on steroids-- HELP!

seekingjans

Jul 24, 2007
Hi All-- well you can search through my many threads in just weeks to see the ordeal it has been to find a new handbag. I thought the Thompson Hobo would be the solution and it came today--- WHOAH!!! IT'S GINORMOUS!!!

I know there are many out there that like this handbag, but it's really way too, TOO big for me. The frustrating thing is when i called the Flagship Store in NY i asked if it was about the same size as the Large Bleeker Flap, they said YES! Ah well-- such is life.

So i'm thinking of exchanging it for the new Julia Leather Shoulder Flap. Come to think about it, i wonder if the SA in NY thought i was speaking of this bag. Here's the link:
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10346&category_id=1257

Has anyone actually seen this bag? I have the measurements, obviously, but it's nothing compared to real life. Is this one about the same size as the Bleeker Large Flap?

As an aside, the Thompson line of leather is the most luxurious i've seen at COACH-- hence the price. But please Ladies/Gentlemen, let me know what you know about the Julia bag. Thank you! :sad:

I'm confused. The measurements on the Thompson hobo are 16 3/8 (L) x 15 3/8 (H) x 2 (W) and the measurements on the Bleecker Large Flap are 10 (L) x 10 (H) x 4 (W). The SA said that the Thompson hobo was the same size as the large flap? The Julia is 10 1/2 (L) x 10 1/2 (H) x 1 1/2 (W) which is close in size to the large flap than the hobo is. Am I thinking of the wrong bag? Is there a different large flap? I have the large flap and it's a bit bigger than a legacy slim flap but smaller than a legacy ali. I don't consider it a large bag, at least not for me. Anyway, the Julia is pretty but according to the measurements it's slim. I'd be sure that you'll be able to fit everything you need in it. Congrats and good luck deciding!

I'm confused. The measurements on the Thompson hobo are 16 3/8 (L) x 15 3/8 (H) x 2 (W) and the measurements on the Bleecker Large Flap are 10 (L) x 10 (H) x 4 (W). The SA said that the Thompson hobo was the same size as the large flap? The Julia is 10 1/2 (L) x 10 1/2 (H) x 1 1/2 (W) which is close in size to the large flap than the hobo is. Am I thinking of the wrong bag? Is there a different large flap? I have the large flap and it's a bit bigger than a legacy slim flap but smaller than a legacy ali. I don't consider it a large bag, at least not for me. Anyway, the Julia is pretty but according to the measurements it's slim. I'd be sure that you'll be able to fit everything you need in it. Congrats and good luck deciding!

Thank you for replying! The more i think of it, the more i believe that the SA got confused about the bags i asked her to compare. i mean how can you say that the Thompson and Bleeker Flap are about the same size?! The Julia is also called a Hobo bag online and the catalog calls it a Flap. That's the only thing i can figure out.

As for the slimness, that was my problem with the Large Bleeker Flap-- too bulky. I was just wondering if IRL the bag was as pretty in the picture. :confused1:

I really like the Julia, it looks so nice in the Chocolate brown, The Thompson hobo just looks so big!!! Is the leather any different on this bag, opposed to the other leather ones?

I really like the Julia, it looks so nice in the Chocolate brown, The Thompson hobo just looks so big!!! Is the leather any different on this bag, opposed to the other leather ones?

From what i was informed in the COACH store in NY/MAdison Ave. the Julia is the same leather as the Thompson Hobo-- soft, pebbled (not as pebbled as the Chelsea line), and a bit thicker than the Bleeker line.

I did end up exchanging the Thompson Hobo for the Julia, and my SA here in DC overnight the delivery because i've been there purchasing and exchanging-- so hopefully Monday i'll be receiving it. I'll let you all know how it goes. :sweatdrop:

I have had my eye on this one! The Julia LOOKS like it might be a lovely bag...not too big, and a nice drop. WHERE are your PICS???We must see so we can be enabled even more!:yes:

Hi All-- well you can search through my many threads in just weeks to see the ordeal it has been to find a new handbag. I thought the Thompson Hobo would be the solution and it came today--- WHOAH!!! IT'S GINORMOUS!!!

I know there are many out there that like this handbag, but it's really way too, TOO big for me. The frustrating thing is when i called the Flagship Store in NY i asked if it was about the same size as the Large Bleeker Flap, they said YES! Ah well-- such is life.

So i'm thinking of exchanging it for the new Julia Leather Shoulder Flap. Come to think about it, i wonder if the SA in NY thought i was speaking of this bag. Here's the link:
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10346&category_id=1257

Has anyone actually seen this bag? I have the measurements, obviously, but it's nothing compared to real life. Is this one about the same size as the Bleeker Large Flap?

As an aside, the Thompson line of leather is the most luxurious i've seen at COACH-- hence the price. But please Ladies/Gentlemen, let me know what you know about the Julia bag. Thank you! :sad:

I think I just bought the Thompson Hobo. Did the SA show you the attachment where you can wear it crossbody. I got this bag today and it actually made me rethink my Lily purchase. Although it is HUGE I love it.

Coachfreak:

What attachment is it with that you can wear the Felicia Slim Duffle cross body.
I would like to know about this.

thanks,
Liz

Ok Liz.

I see nothing on the website.

Item number is 92145 and the tag says M Leg Lanyard KF.

Attachments

• Modeling with Felicia.jpg
    Modeling with Felicia.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Modeling with Felicia2.jpg
    Modeling with Felicia2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Modeling with Felicia from back.jpg
    Modeling with Felicia from back.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 220
Ok Liz.

I see nothing on the website.

Item number is 92145 and the tag says M Leg Lanyard KF.

Coachfreak:

Thanks so very much for posting those Modeling pictures. You look great carrying that bag cross body. What an ingenious way to carry that bag! You rock! Thanks again and congrats on your awesome bags! best, Liz