Legacy textured leather owners

Zahrah

Apr 1, 2013
Hello

Owners of textured Legacy I have question. Would you say this leather is durable and suitable to wear in rain and overall bad weather?

I need a bad weather bag. Last time I was caught in rain with my smooth legacy duffle, the water made dark spots on the leather which disappeared later after the water droplets dried, but still...

Now I am considering saffiano tote for this purpose but I still like legacy styles better so perhaps the textured cement or graphite could work?

I own a textured Legacy duffle in a chestnut brown color and it holds up quite well in the rain, no staining, etc.

Saffiano leather is durable also but if you really like the duffle style I would not hesitate to go with that one!

I know what you mean, even when I know water spots have dried out from fellow tpf'ers purses, I still worry it won't do it in mine so I try to carry purses that are rain friendly.

I carried my textured graphite Rory in the rain and no problems at all. I also carry my saffiano totes rainy days and they work awesome but if you like the look of the legacy styles better, go for it, you will love it.

I know what you mean, even when I know water spots have dried out from fellow tpf'ers purses, I still worry it won't do it in mine so I try to carry purses that are rain friendly.

I carried my textured graphite Rory in the rain and no problems at all. I also carry my saffiano totes rainy days and they work awesome but if you like the look of the legacy styles better, go for it, you will love it.

Thank you

Rory is great size for me, i have totally fallen in love with my navy/black colorblock Rory. I dont know if saffiano totes are large enough, i like the e/w and n/s totes. the large saffiano looks huge.
Thats why I am thinking textured Rory in cement. Eventough it will be very very hard for me to obtain one.

Totally agree about the durability of Coach's textured leather, it has much of the staying power of the Dooney dillen leather which verge on being hard to ruin. I have 2 textured Rory's and one Candace.

I've had the same question on the Legacy textured leather. Erring on the side of caution, I only carry my coated canvas or saffiano leather purses during bad weather. I will trust all the feedback here.

I don't have any Legacy textured leather to give an opinion on it, I tend to use patent or saffiano in bad weather. But I do know what you mean about water spots. I got water spots on my Legacy carnelian archival Rambler and about lost it. Thankfully it dried as if it never happened, but in the moment- I panicked :biggrin: