Legacy stud fix?

diva7633

O.G.
Jul 7, 2007
I have a mini tanner that lost a stud. Anyone else have this problem with any studded item? Is Coach repairing them? I have the black/ brass so not sure if it's in FP store anymore. Do you ladies recommend taking it to the outlet or FP store? TIA

I have a mini tanner that lost a stud. Anyone else have this problem with any studded item? Is Coach repairing them? I have the black/ brass so not sure if it's in FP store anymore. Do you ladies recommend taking it to the outlet or FP store? TIA

Call the FP or Jax and have them check over the phone if they can repair or only exchange. If they send it in for repair, you still might not get it fixed, just a refund or discount on your next purchase. What information you get might help you decide how you want to handle it from there.

They have the saddle brown one on their sale section for $209. So if you like the brown and want to make sure you have a studded mini tanner, you might want to grab that one 'just in case'.....it can always be returned if the black one does get repaired.

I wonder if studs coming off is a common occurence? I have the studded saddle mini tanner and the studded black mini preston.....

My outlet said the studded duffles had been recalled. I have a studded reg size preston I just bought so I hope it's not common.

I'm definitely not surprised about the duffles. A few days ago there were several listings on eBay of duffles that all had missing studs.

I'm with you, I hope the Preston's and tanners are good. Hopefully they weren't done in the same factory.

Did she send your tanner in for repair?

Are the studs just glued on?
TIA
I don't *think* they're just glued ... I think they would fall off a lot then! I just checked my mini-tanner and they seem to be attached like many studs, with the little bent pieces of metal piercing the leather and then folded to hold the stud in. (Didn't pry or poke too hard, though! :P)

They seem really secure on my studded bags (a legacy special one from last fall, totally forgot the name, lol! And a mini-tanner and a regular preston) but as with anything some bags may have ended up with studs that weren't thoroughly attached.

I don't *think* they're just glued ... I think they would fall off a lot then! I just checked my mini-tanner and they seem to be attached like many studs, with the little bent pieces of metal piercing the leather and then folded to hold the stud in. (Didn't pry or poke too hard, though! :P)

They seem really secure on my studded bags (a legacy special one from last fall, totally forgot the name, lol! And a mini-tanner and a regular preston) but as with anything some bags may have ended up with studs that weren't thoroughly attached.

They are. I saw one on my preston that you can tell that's how they are attached.

Are the studs just glued on?
TIA

Happibug's got the answer. :smile:

They are. I saw one on my preston that you can tell that's how they are attached.

Happibug's got the answer. :smile:

Thanks! I wonder why they are falling off then?
Anyway, looks like Coach is aware of the problem and is willing to make it right, as usual.