Legacy Shoulder bag vs. Legacy Leather Satchel

beachgirlkk

Nov 8, 2007
Hey Guys,

I'm new on this forum here. I just wanted to take a little poll. I just bought the Legacy Leather Satchel in black, but I am now reconsidering and thinking about the Legacy shoulder bag in Black. Which one do you like better?? I also just got the Legacy Leigh in Whiskey. I also got that card for 25% off, and the sales people gave me the coupon back and told me to reuse it again and again until Sunday!

I love the Legacy line too! I have a chocolate signature Leigh and am getting the juniper leather shoulder for Christmas. My choice was the shoulder bag, only 'cause I'm a mom and I have to have my hands free to hold my little boy's hand when we're out. That satchel is really beautiful, and would be fine if you dont need a shoulder bag. It looks kinda heavy, but I've never even seen it in person, so I cant compare that w/the shoulder. Either way you cant go wrong - they are all lovely bags.

For me, definitely the shoulder bag because of weight. The satchels are just WAY too heavy for me, and I don't like that the straps aren't long enough to hang comfortably under my arm.

I also came upon this dilemma not too long ago and ended up opting for the Legacy Shoulder Bag instead of the Satchel because I like my hands free as well. Now, I have four of those Legacy Shoulder Bags in different colors! :smile:

I have the '06 Legacy leather satchel in black and I love it. I needed something bigger than the shoulder bag. I am always carrying my bags different ways: on the arm, shoulder, by hand.. Bags on the shoulder give me neck problems so I try to alternate. I can fit the satchel over my shoulder if I need to, although it's not the best way to carry that bag.

Attachments

• IMG_3754.JPG
    IMG_3754.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 58
Wow! 4 Shoulder bags?? What colors do you have? I do love the satchel, but I even find the Leigh heavy at times! I don't really carry that much stuff in my purses so its mostly the weight of the purse. Thanks for all of your input guys! I think I'm gonna go back to the Coach store and see which one I really would prefer to wear. The satchel fits perfectly under my arm, but that's if I'm not wearing bulky clothes...

I have the '06 Legacy leather satchel in black and I love it. I needed something bigger than the shoulder bag. I am always carrying my bags different ways: on the arm, shoulder, by hand.. Bags on the shoulder give me neck problems so I try to alternate. I can fit the satchel over my shoulder if I need to, although it's not the best way to carry that bag.
I have this exact bag as well and I can't recommend it enough! THe shoulder bag wasn't big enough for me either. This bag is gorgeous and really roomy! Also this version is so much better than the '07 piece!

I think it boils down to how much you carry. I love the look of the shoulder bag but I rarely see anyone carrying it that doesn't have it spilling over with stuff. For some reason, it just doesn't carry a lot. I'm trying to reduce how much I carry and I might be able to squeeze into the shoulder bag but I would really fit into the satchel better.

Wow! 4 Shoulder bags?? What colors do you have? I do love the satchel, but I even find the Leigh heavy at times! I don't really carry that much stuff in my purses so its mostly the weight of the purse. Thanks for all of your input guys! I think I'm gonna go back to the Coach store and see which one I really would prefer to wear. The satchel fits perfectly under my arm, but that's if I'm not wearing bulky clothes...

I have one in Whiskey (all leather), one in Pond (pretty blue all leather), one in Black (all leather), and one in royal blue fabric exterior w/ light blue leather trim. I really like their size and weight on my shoulder.

Congrats on your new purchase! How do you like it?

I LOVE LOVE the look of the satchel way better, but if it is in fact much heavier I would go with the Shoulder bag as it is a pretty bag also and probably more practical ... then again ... Hmmmm, I see your problem! LOL

Yeah, it is definitely beautiful. But I knew it wasn't for me when it was just sitting in the shopping bag for over a week. It is way heavy and I'm kinda a petite girl, so it looked pretty large on me.