Legacy Satchel 12704: Grey bag has diff. lining than amethyst bag?

Coachie4Neesie

Used to love Coach, now I LoVe LV
O.G.
Feb 29, 2008
I've been looking around here a bit at photos posted of the amethyst and grey satchels and they seem to have different lining? Are my eyes fooling me or does the grey one have light blueish green lining and the amethyst has the new legacy stripe? I bring this up for a another reason. I was in my local boutique last week and tried on the preview legacy leather tote in black and it had the "old" VERTICAL legacy stripe lining. That's one of the reasons I ordered this tote in brown. It is waiting for me to pick up at the boutique tomorrow. So far, I've read on TPF that only one style came with legacy lining yet I have seen a satchel on TPF and a tote IRL, both with legacy lining, one with the new stripe and one with the old. To confuse me even more, I read that another Coachie purchased the brown tote at Macy's and it has purple lining. I guess my other question is: WTH? Now I really wonder what lining mine will have:shrugs::shrugs::shrugs:... I guess I will find out tomorrow but if anyone can enlighten me, that would be most helpful!!!!:tup:

Ok, I think I can accurately answer this question (after much confusion weeks prior!). Initially we were told ONLY the totes would have the variegated stripe (new stripe) lining. However, some satchels starting popping up with the var. lining, and others remained the solid. Upon investigation, I learned that the PILOTS are the ones that have the solid linings. So some boutigues got the leftover pilots, and probably a lot of dept stores that didn't sell the pilots have them. These will be solid color linings. Apparently for the test pieces, they decided to shaft us and cut corners with the cheaper linings, and I can tell you based on my top handle pilot which had the solid lining, that it is IS cheaper.

Some of the bags still have the solid linings for the regular line...the top handle, and as far as I know, the shoulder flap...at least so far. I was told by my SA that the one they had from the new line AND ordered from JAX in the top handle was a solid lining. The bronze color has a beautiful fuchsia lining, but my purple top handle had an ugly goldish lining.

The NEW and regular line satchels and totes have the variegated stripe lining...not the old Legacy stripe. Initially I thought it was the old stripe lining till I actually pulled more paper out of the bag, but it's really the new stripe if you look further down into the bag.

HOWEVER....all Bridgits still have the OLD Legacy stripe lining (same as the '07 Bridgit line). They didn't change this bag other than the leather has been changed to garcia leather from vintage vachetta. They are still using the old care cards, though, which kind of ticks me off. Anyway, it is what it is...

So, if you see a gray bag with a solid lining, then it's a pilot. There are still some floating around. My amethyst satchel (if that's what you are referring to) does have the new variegated stripe lining. All the totes I saw had it too, so I'm not sure other than dept stores, whether Coach has any of the tote pilots left or not. I would definitely check the inside of the bag before leaving. The pilot will also have a "P" after the style number for the bag on the creed.

Apparently according to the new website, the shoulder flap also has the stripe lining... I'm pretty sure the one I saw did not, so that must have been a pilot! Funny how they charge more for the top handles, but they don't even have the stripe lining!

Thanks for the information Baglady! I really appreciate it. I will go to the boutique after work today and "pray" that my tote has legacy lining!!!:wondering I was able to get a legacy stripe wristlet on PCE and I would love to have it match my new tote.

Apparently according to the new website, the shoulder flap also has the stripe lining... I'm pretty sure the one I saw did not, so that must have been a pilot! Funny how they charge more for the top handles, but they don't even have the stripe lining!

The Legacy Gray Flap that I bought (but returned today :crybaby:) had a solid light blue lining. No stripes.