legacy patent peyton leather

I have it and my girl is a workhorse!!!! Bought her in 2010 maybe? Have to check the receipt, but I have carried this bag A LOT!!! Rain and shine and she still looks as perfect as the day I took down two women in an outlet to snag her!! I will try to find a recent pic.

I wouldn't say a full on patent, but somewhere in between a pearlized and patent. Depends on the light. I guess more patent if you had to choose one.

Hi,
I have both Purple Patent Peyton and Gunmetal (not patent), and I also have the Peyton pictured above, which I always assumed was called Grey Patent, rather than gunmetal.. I don't carry them that often, but both of the Patent peytons have held up great.
I did spray Apple Guard on the Gunmetal before using it. I bought it pre-loved and noticed that the handles had already losing their 'shimmer' (turned darker) so I don't use it that much just for that reason. The rest of the bag is still in good shape though.

Attachments

• gunmetal Peyton.jpg
    gunmetal Peyton.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 297
  • gunmetal Peyton Bag Handles.jpg
    gunmetal Peyton Bag Handles.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Hi,

I have both Purple Patent Peyton and Gunmetal (not patent), and I also have the Peyton pictured above, which I always assumed was called Grey Patent, rather than gunmetal.. I don't carry them that often, but both of the Patent peytons have held up great.

I did spray Apple Guard on the Gunmetal before using it. I bought it pre-loved and noticed that the handles had already losing their 'shimmer' (turned darker) so I don't use it that much just for that reason. The rest of the bag is still in good shape though.

I think you might be right. Mine is definitely a gray patent as opposed to a metallic color.

I think you might be right. Mine is definitely a gray patent as opposed to a metallic color.
Thank you for all the info. Just one more question :smile: I live in MA and it gets really humid in the summer and really cold in the winter. Would this be a bag I could use in those conditions? I have never had patent before so this will be my first bag of this kind. TIA

I have the patent gray Peyton too, and it always reminded me almost of a patent silver. It's not a flat gray. I had a patent silver Zoe, too, and the colors were nearly identical.

Hey, cf! How are you, lady?!

Op, I don't own the two colors you asked about but I have several Peytons. Each look as good as they did from the get go. I have three patent (red, white, and black) one smooth leather (hot pink) and one shimmer (platinum) As abwd noted, they are WORK HORSES. And they haul half your kitchen if you need to take it along! Lol. They are still a timeless satchel that "be stills" my heart!ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406776614.331649.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406776519.485983.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1406776539.019807.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1406776581.535138.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1406776597.511827.jpg

Op, I don't own the two colors you asked about but I have several Peytons. Each look as good as they did from the get go. I have three patent (red, white, and black) one smooth leather (hot pink) and one shimmer (platinum) As abwd noted, they are WORK HORSES. And they haul half your kitchen if you need to take it along! Lol. They are still a timeless satchel that "be stills" my heart!View attachment 2703329

View attachment 2703323View attachment 2703324View attachment 2703326View attachment 2703328

Gorgeous just gorgeous. How is the patent in humity and cold weather? I live in MA and it gets really hot and humid and really cold. I would only get one if it's something I can wear year round KWIM. If I get one this will be first patent bag so I am a little worried.

Last edited:

Op, I don't own the two colors you asked about but I have several Peytons. Each look as good as they did from the get go. I have three patent (red, white, and black) one smooth leather (hot pink) and one shimmer (platinum) As abwd noted, they are WORK HORSES. And they haul half your kitchen if you need to take it along! Lol. They are still a timeless satchel that "be stills" my heart!View attachment 2703329

View attachment 2703323View attachment 2703324View attachment 2703326View attachment 2703328

Hey there- great to "see" you! I'm doing well. Hope your gorgeous self and equally gorgeous coach collection are doing well too! ;:smile:

I'm so sad I missed out on the red Peyton. I actually had one in my hand at an outlet back in 2009 and put it back down! Ahhhh the amateur stupidity. It was at the beginning of my outlet stalking days. I would never make a mistake like that now! Peytons are gorgeous, classic bags.

Gorgeous just gorgeous. How is the patent in humity and cold weather? I live in MA and it gets really hot and humid and really cold. I would only get one if it's something I can wear year round KWIM. If I get one this will be first patent bag so I am a little worried.

Hi there! I also have the red patent Peyton and I have to say, while beautiful, I never reach for it. It's heavy and sticky in the hot weather. I hate to say that mine just sits in my closet. It's a beauty and deserves to be used! If you're up to the weight I would recommend the bag, just be aware that it's a heifer. HTH :smile: