Legacy Lip Gloss Charm....Do you think....

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
....there's any danger of the lip gloss oozing out of the compartment, especially in warmer weather?? Yes, I know...I have a tendency to stress over odd things...:shame:

But I just put my charm on my atlantic Peyton, and I started thinking how horrible that would be if somehow it either oozed out or the lid accidentally flipped up and I managed to get part of the gloss on the bag!! There's not much holding the flap down.

Trust me, the strangest things can happen when I'm around! :P And let me say if that happened, I would seriously just dig a hole and crawl in it!!

Am I just being crazy?? I'll be honest.... I have NO intention of using the gloss because I always wear colorless gloss anyway....but I hated to just waste the whole thing and scrape it out. I also thought I might loan it out on occasion to someone that will use the gloss....but I can't bear to not use it until the gloss is gone because it's so cute!!

For those of you familiar with Coach gloss...what's the chance of this stuff oozing out when it gets really hot??

Feel free to tell me I'm nuts, and the more I think about it, it's probably just best to scrape it out and forget it. Not worth ruining a bag over!! :nogood:

I was thinking the same thing - that charm is so darn cute, I am contemplating scooping out the gloss and using it as a locket for small pictures. Since it stays pretty warm here, I am totally paranoid about oozing gloss, plus what if I forget and leave it in the car or something? :weird:

i don't think this would be consider an odd thing to think about. it just shows how much you love and take care of your bags:heart:. i'd wonder the same thing if i owned one.

It is NOT an odd thought at all, I had the same thought as well.
I think I will scoop mine out, maybe into a Burt's Bees lip gloss container or something because I will use the gloss and then clean out the heart before attaching it to any of my bags.

This is what i was worried about too. i go to vegas alot and when its hot there its really hot and things can melt. my little sis lipgloss melted one time but its not Coach ofcourse so hopefully its different. i'll still get it anyway, if i see any signs of it melting just a little i'll just scoop it out and not take a chance. i don't really wear any lipgloss anyway, just chapstick.

Not odd at all as this was one of my first thoughts. I'm in Arizona and sometimes put my bag in the trunk of the car if I go somewhere and I don't want to carry it around. When the temps are 115 outside, I can't imagine how hot it gets in the car. I can just imagine it melting and oozing out all over my bag. You know, once that stuff turns liquid, it will ooze out. Such a scary thought!

OK, thanks everyone!!! You guys convinced me...the lip gloss is no more!!! I didn't even bother to save it. Right now it's cleaned out and is drying thoroughly before it goes back on the bag!!

That's a great idea, Greenpixie, about the photo locket! Initially I thought Excedrin since that would be harmless if they fell out... but it's not deep enough for that. It should be perfect for tiny photos!

In any event, I'm happy just having a BRASS colored charm!! Why don't they make more charms in brass since most bags have brass hardware??? :sad:

Wow -good point - I live where it's blazin' hot sometimes in the summer but didn't even think about it melting and dripping out - so could happen! I like the idea of the gloss so think I'll save that charm for winter - no problem w/ melting in the winter here! Or maybe just carry it with patent leather bags that I can wipe off easily just in case!