Legacy Leigh-colors

LinMcHugh

LinMcHugh
Mar 18, 2008
Okay, I don't like the new leather on any of the Legacy bags, so....I've decided to head to 'bay. Need opinions. Which color is best, black leigh or raisin leigh, thanks!! I love the raisin, but an all around nice black back is great. Opinions, help!!:wtf:

I bought a black Leigh from TJMaxx (they have a bunch of them at mine right now, but they're $399) but returned it when I got a new raisin Leigh on evilBay for $260 plus shipping. I am a fool for purple - what can I say? And scratches don't worry me with the Legacy leather. It's the Ergo Vintage leather that bugs me with the scratches, because they don't seem to rub out as easily, but I manage with that as well. :smile:

^^ mharvey, we lots of us arr a fool for purple too!!

but lin, i think you should go with the black. the rasin does scratch easily, but if you put the spray on, it would help it a bit. so, whatever color is great. if you're planning to use this bag for a long time, i say go with black. you could NEVER go wrong with black, however...i've been reading a lot about how the purple is the new black....

Another fool for purple here!

I have a Raisin Leigh and I love it. I've found it to be very neutral.

It does scratch easily, but I think that the scratches add to the vintage look and enhance the overall appearance of the bag, and I have no interest in doing anything to eliminate or minimize the scratches.

That said, I certainly understand why the scratches would bother some people.

JMHO :smile:

I have the raisin and I love it! It does scratch, but like everyone said - the Apple guard helps. Also, the scratches fade into the leather over time. I got mine at the outlet for $188 :nuts: and the matching wristlet for around $50!
I think that raisin is such a pretty color - I wear it with brown or black.

I love my raisin leigh and most of the scratches do go away pretty easily with Apple conditioning. Plus I also agree that the scratches doesn't make the bag look bag on this color!

She just counteroffered, and this is the bag I want. I'll just put apple on it. I have an older hobo that is black, so this is nice. I have a burnt orange ergo and although I love it, I won't keep it much longer. I rotate in seasons. I normally get all the accessories to match, but guess it will be harder since this bag is a year old model.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...220275155985&ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFF:IT&ih=012