Legacy Ali owners - have some questions

Nov 23, 2009
I'm thinking of getting an Ali, and wanted to know how big she is. I'm used to carrying bigger bags like the Mandy and large Maggie and I'm afraid the Ali may not be big enough for me. How much does the Ali hold? Is it comparable to the Zoe? Because I think that's as small as I'm willing to go. TIA!

I would say it holds about as much as the medium zoe. It's not as big as the large zoe. I have almost all of the bags you listed and I think the biggest difference is the fact that it has a flap opening instead of a top opening. I have a white legacy Ali and I love it but I don't carry near as much "junk" in her as in my other bags. She's a gorgeous bag though! Every Coachie should have at least one Legacy Ali in their collection!! : )

Thanks! My Zoe is a medium, so as long as she's at least that big I'll be good. I have a Mandy too and love her! I love the look of the Ali, but I'm on the fence about the flap. Do you find it a pain to use with the flap?

I'm usually a big bag girl myself. I only get the large sizes in the Zoe, Carly, Garnet, Sabrina, etc. But I was pleasantly surprised at how much the Ali does hold. IMO she's very deceiving by her looks, she holds much more than you would think she does. Last summer I went to use her thinking that it would only be for a few weeks or so since she wasn't as big as what I'm used to, but I ended up using her all summer long! While she didn't hold as much as my large Zoe, she held enough.

Here is a pic of my Legacy bags to compare. I love my Ali. The flap does get in my way sometimes, but I love the bag. I is a big bag I think. It hold a lot of stuff!
6063.jpg

Oh and just because I am at home with a sick child(the one pictured) I will post a funny pic of My Ali.
allmypics13171-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just make sure you get 10329 not 10327. 10327 is the Ali Slim and it does not hold as much.

I like flap bags so the flap doesn't bother me. But if you leave your zipper open on your zip tops, Ali might not be the bag for you.

Thanks everyone! The one I'm looking at is a 10329.

New2Coach, thanks for the modeling picture! I like that I can see how it fits under the arm.

Now another question..Is $175 a good price for a gently used Ali? It look great on the inside. There is a very small bit of color transfer on one of the back corners. Very light. I can deal with it, but I don't want to pay too much for one.

I paid over $300.00 for mine a few years ago. Legacy bags hold their value a little better I think. As long as its in very good condition I think that price is pretty decent. I know I have seen some go for less than that, but the condition is not as good. As you probably know you have to watch out for sealant issues, but someone posted here about do-it-yourself sealant repair. I sent my Mandy in and they could not fix it so I got the 40% off letter and I intend on fixing it myself.
It really is a great bag. My dh loves thie bag more than any others I own. It is heavy, but not as heavy as Mandy!
Good luck with your decision!
If you need any further pics I will be happy to take some sense I am at home bored today.--I love my kid, but this was my only day off this week and he choose this day to be sick. Why not tomorrow when I have to work:P (j/k of course)

The price is good... It carries about the same as the Mid size Zoe but has more give than the Zoe... I have the Ali Hippie and use it for work with all my daily items... I also have the Legacy Flap and it has the same room as that bag...

user215093_pic38070_1249817066_thumb[1].jpg

user215093_pic43308_1256087711[1].jpg

Ali is ALOT larger IRL then one would think!!! When I received my 1st one a couple years ago I was extatic!!! I'm a BIG bag gal too and kinda just picked up the Ali for a good price.

If no one has by tonight I'll take photo's of my stuff inside the current Ali I have, and a photo of the stuff outside so that you can see what she'll fit.

As a BIG bag gal I vote that Ali works for us!!!

I had an Ali 10329 in black (paid about $160 on the Bay incl. shipping, and it was in beautiful condition), but had to get rid of her because the flap was a big PITA.

But I just decided a little while ago that flap bags are not for me. Every time I lust after a flap bag (the old Bleecker Flap, etc. - I'm on a Bleecker kick lately), I have to remember that I hate them and how hard it is to get in & out of. I love Zoe, Mandy, Bleecker Felicia, Garnet, Lindsay, anything that's easy in/out. The only flaps I'll keep are the couple that are a little fancier for going out at night, because I'm not always searching for my wallet or keys or something, you know?

Just my $.02 about flaps. But if you like flap bags in general, Ali is gorgeous! Hurt me a little to get rid of her!

New2Coach, how tall are you? Because I don't remember my Ali hitting me that low on my hip... maybe I'm taller? Hmm...

I just sold a gently used whiskey one for $170 so that is a decent deal. I liked the bag but it wasnt big enough for me and I have finally figured out that i'm NOT a shoulderbag girl....satchels suit me much better.

I love my Ali's but I am a shoulder bag girl and love flaps way more than zippers. It holds alot and more than one would think. Get the Ali as that is a great price. I love my whiskey Ali more than any other bag.