Leg Warmers

abandonedimages

:]
O.G.
Mar 11, 2006
Is anyone a fan of the baggy leg warmers style? lol I know some people think its silly, but there was a thread on Japanese fashion and the whole school girl uniform came to mind and how girls are starting to wear leg warmers again. Is there anywhere online I could find a nice baggy pair?

clinkenwar said:
I can send you some from OKI..heaven knows its all the rage here!!

lol That is so sweet of you! I would really appreciate it, I would pay for shipping and everything.

I've tried searching for example pictures online but no luck. I've always sucked at finding pictures of some I like anyway, lol. Do you think you could show me some?

If there's a specific color or colors you're looking for..let me know..and I'll go the the Jusco and San-A this weekend and take pics of all the leg warmers I see:biggrin: My daughter likes to wear them on her arms..but she's a little different!!:love: :lol:

clinkenwar said:
If there's a specific color or colors you're looking for..let me know..and I'll go the the Jusco and San-A this weekend and take pics of all the leg warmers I see:biggrin: My daughter likes to wear them on her arms..but she's a little different!!:love: :lol:

I was thinking some earth tone colors, white/vanilla, olive green, black, brown/tan, maybe some grey. . .? Do you ever seen any with ribbon "stitching" at the top? I think that is very cute. I'll pretty much take anything though. Thank you so much. Haha, aw your daughter is so cute. I remember that picture you posted of her, she's got her own style.

There are some really cute ones here in Paris with lacy/ribbon details but unfortunatly the colours run white or black with pink. I'll find the name and a pic if you want.

Perja said:
There are some really cute ones here in Paris with lacy/ribbon details but unfortunatly the colours run white or black with pink. I'll find the name and a pic if you want.

Ooh! They sound perfect! Well, I'm usually not a fan of pink but if its not overwhelming I could make it work, lol. I would love to see pictures if you dont mind :shame: Thanks Perja, I've been trying to find a decent picture but cant :sad:

Perja said:
Here's a link to a site in English about them. I'm still looking for the official site, can't find it anywhere...

I'm a sucker for that style and considering getting a pair in white AND black.

http://www.accessoiriste.fr/product_info.php?cPath=29_98&products_id=530&osCsid=d9baa77ed4f280d396a8c2a868e15669

There are more styles displayed here:
http://www.accessoiriste.fr/index.php?cPath=29_98&language=en

I have the little cuff in black and I wear it around my wrist sometimes.

Wow. Theyve put a lot of detail into these, the last pair in white is so pretty! I see the cuff you're talking about, its adorable and that sounds really cute that you put it on your wrist like that. The other white leg warmers with the pom-poms are nice and baggy looking like I want. I dont know about the pom-poms though, lol. I suppose I could just take them off, but I wouldnt want to ruin them.

Hey abandonedimages, you should check out Forever21 (do they have F21 in NC?)! Last christmas, I bought a pair of grey ones from there (for less than $8!) They also had black ones available. Good luck!

That's funny actually, as I was just talking with (or more 'to'!) my BF about legwarmers and snoods, yesterday.

Does anyone remember snoods? I was a child at the time, but I had an electric blue one.

For those of you who don't know, a snood is like a slouchy legwarmer for your neck! You could call them neckwarmers! :biggrin: They were in fashion in the early to mid '80s.

I'd love a snood and some legwarmers for Autumn/Winter - so if anyone knows where I could get them from, please let me know! :biggrin:

chloehandbags said:
That's funny actually, as I was just talking with (or more 'to'!) my BF about legwarmers and snoods, yesterday.

Does anyone remember snoods? I was a child at the time, but I had an electric blue one.

For those of you who don't know, a snood is like a slouchy legwarmer for your neck! You could call them neckwarmers! :biggrin: They were in fashion in the early to mid '80s.

I'd love a snood and some legwarmers for Autumn/Winter - so if anyone knows where I could get them from, please let me know! :biggrin:

Oh yeah I remember those !! I has 1 in Pink ! (of course little girl...)
I suggest you knit 1 yourself, 1 tube shouldn´t be that difficult !:P