Left wallet at hotel...now they don't have it

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I dropped my wallet at the front desk of a hotel and they called me to tell me that it was found and that they had it and they would send it to me. I told them that I might go there the following day and to hold on to it. I go up there the next day and the girl looked and couldn't find it, it wasn't where she put it. She tried calling the person that worked after her, but he wasn't answering. She told me that she would try to get to the bottom of it and send it out. Now I found out that they can't find it anywhere and the person that worked after her that moved it is no longer working there. What would you do in this situation? Thanks.

2. Oh my gosh, that's terrible! Once I left my camera bag in the restaurant area and then walked off without it, when I realized I went all over the place looking and they had held it at the front desk for me.

Where did this happen, what country/state? They really should get to the bottom of it considering they actually FOUND it and were holding it for you, losing it is their fault and they should be liable.

3. wow, that's kinda sad. over the 4th of July weekend, I accidentally left my iPhone at the counter. 30 mins later I realized I didn't have my phone. Whenever I went back, I was lucky it was still there. But I'm shocked the front desk lady didn't even take it to put it aside. Anyone could of picked it up and take it.

ANyways, I hope it turns up. G/L!

4. I don't know what I'd do, but I'd be rather annoyed. I do hope it's found.

5. When I saw the title of the thread, I wasn't too surprised, but the fact that THEY called you to let you know they were holding on to it, and now have lost it is so wrong. I really hope they find it! There's not much you can do to get it back, but I still would not be at ease letting it go that easily.

Losing your wallet is such a pain...informing credit cards, getting new license, etc. Did you lose a lot money/sentimental wise?

6. That would depend on how much was lost. I mean, what was in the wallet? Was the wallet itself an expensive one?

The first thing I would do is cancel any credit/debit cards that I had in there. Then, you should probably file a police report and file a complaint with the hotel. Then, if there was a lot of money lost then, you may want to contact a lawyer.

7. ITA... let us know what the outcomer... sorry u lost yr wallet

8. I'm so sorry that happened. Hope you remember just all what was inside so you can cancel accounts.

9. maybe someone locked it in the hotel safe for safety and didn't tell the rest of the staff?

10. ^^That has happen to me. The Manager had it in her office but didn't tell anyone but I was persistant and kept coming back. The Manager had to get it out of her office. Also had one incident at Starbucks where this lady left her purse on the counter. No one noticed it so it just sat. I took it and asked them to put it behind counter in case she came back. I would be afraid if someone wasn't so honest took it.

11. I don't know if you can do anything about it, but if they didn't put it in a safe place, like a SAFE or a locked office then they are STUPID. maybe write a letter to corporate letting them know if the situation. however iwould have hated to be the girl that told you it was there and then couldn't find it! that would be the worst feeling ever.

at my old job... if someone happened to leave their credit card on the counter my boss would put it in an envelope sealed and then put it in the safe.

12. It was a coach wallet and luckily I didn't have my license or major cc in it. There were some gift cards, a litttle cash, and a store cc from what I can remember. The employee told me that they would keep it until they could send it out to me, so that made me believe it would be safe in their hands. I find it crazy that this can happen. I think I should just talk with the manager and see if they can do anything.

13. I found a wallet in the restroom at the grocery store once, and it was full of credit cards, cash, etc. I was actually really nervous to turn it in, because who knows what kind of people are working at the customer service desk? When I went up there, I told them what I found and made the girl page the manager to come and get it. I refused to turn it over until the manager came. I bet the nice person who called you about your wallet was honest, but the next employee who saw it was not. That's really awful:sad: Unfortunately, there's not much more you can do. Definitely escalate your complaint to the highest management person there, and at the very least they should give you a gift certificate to the hotel or something, for the inconvenience of having to come back for nothing.

14. Since someone that worked there called you and said they had it, that makes them responsible to replace it!

15. Hopefully they just sent it out to you and it will arrive at your door soon. If not I would keep pressing for an answer.