Food Left Over Turkey recipes???

LAltiero85

<3
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Hello all!!! Yesterday I made a turkey breast, and there are only two of us...so needless to say, we had A LOT left over...

Does anyone have any good recipes for left over turkey????

I would much appreciate your input!!!
Thanks!!!:heart:

:supacool:

Here's one of my favorites: (I make it after Thanksgiving)

Turkey and Biscuits

1/4 c Butter, cut into pieces
2 c diced cooked cooked turkey
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp black Pepper
1 c Chicken broth
2/3 c Milk
1 cup of julienned carrots
1 can Mushroom stems and pieces,
-drained (4 oz)
1 can of regular pillsbury biscuits

Heat oven to 400f. Heat butter in 2-quart casserole dish in oven until
melted. Stir in remaining ingredients except Biscuits. Bake for
20 minutes, stirring once, until sauce is slightly thickened.

Open can of biscuits and separate. Place around edge of casserole, overlapping biscuits slightly to fit. Increase oven temperature to 425F. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown.

Sounds like chef salad time--your choice lettuce, diced up turkey, diced up hard boiled eggs, shredded cheese, your choice, diced up tomatoes, avocado, olives--and some type of creamy dressing

or you can do the turkey, pecan, dried cranberry, and a little feta cheese combo on a salad with a vinagrette dressing

also, I have used a chicken pot pie recipe with leftover turkey, and it worked out awesome

Good luck, gobble-gobble

TURKEY OR CHICKEN TETRAZZINI
2-3 c. cut-up meat
1/2 lb. spaghetti/linguine noodles
1 can mushrooms (optional)
1/2 c. blanched slivered almonds

3 tbsp. butter or drippings from cooking meat
2 tbsp. flour
2 c. chicken broth

Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup heated half and half or whipping cream. Cook noodles. Add almonds and mushrooms to noodles. Make sauce. Add 1/2 sauce to chicken and 1/2 to noodles. Put noodles in greased baking dish. Make a hole in the center and put the chicken in it. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Bake until lightly browned at 375 degrees.

"Thanksgiving Stew!

After your Thanksgiving dinner are you stuck with lots of left over turkey? Use it! In large pot boil 5 cups of water. Add whatever turkey you have, bones included if you have! For my soup today I threw in all the left over breast meat I had and both turkey legs. With that I love to use fall vegetables, but you can really use whatever veggies you like.

Ingredients:
1 green squash/zucchini cut in discs and then halved so you have thick chunks
6 pearl onions, peeled (not chopped)
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 parsnips, cut like carrots in discs
2 large basil leaves
1 Asparagus "bunch" cut in half-pinkie sized pieces
Salt/pepper/dried basil to taste (I like ALOT of dried basil - mm-mm!)

How to cook
Throw all that in there together and let sit covered for an hour at medium heat. After the hour, remove whatever bones from the pot - I used 2 legs, so I took the legs out and rinsed them in cold water so they were easier to handle. De-meat the meat from the bones and throw the boneless meat back in the pot of stew. Let sit for as long as you want. The longer it sits, the more flavor it has, but really after an hour it's good. After an hour of cooking if you choose to cook longer, lower the heat to low. I've had mine cooking for 5 hours now - I can't wait to eat!"

Wow...you guys are making me sooo hungry!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for all of your awesome recipes and help!!!! You guys are amazing!!!! I'm so glad I made turkey again this week!!! Thanks again!!!