Left or right?

Mayfly285

Sep 19, 2012
This is a daft thread, but a friend of mine was intrigued that I carry my bag on my right shoulder. I'm mostly left-handed, so I like to have my left hand free - maybe that's the reason. Anyway, she tried to carry her bag on her right shoulder and I tried the left and we were like a pair of Quasimodos, hunching up our shoulders just to keep them on! And it was soooo uncomfortable! :roflmfao: I also carry my bag, if it's hand held, in my right hand (for the same reason) but have a cross body bag over my left shoulder with the bag hanging (again) to my right.

How do you wear yours? I've been peering at the reveal threads for clues and am just interested! (Or nosey!) ;)

I'm righthanded, and always carry bags on my right shoulder. If crossbody, with bag hanging on right hip. Handheld bags mostly in my right hand, but shifts from side to side :cool:

Love it! I ALWAYS carry bags on left arm/shoulder/hand but then I'm right handed so leaves that hand free to do other stuff. That brig said, I normally have my bag, baby bag, baby and othe stuff all in left arm/hand and not quite sure what the right hand does other than support left... Hmmm this has opened up a can of worms re equality in the work place for arms ;)

Love it! I ALWAYS carry bags on left arm/shoulder/hand but then I'm right handed so leaves that hand free to do other stuff. That brig said, I normally have my bag, baby bag, baby and othe stuff all in left arm/hand and not quite sure what the right hand does other than support left... Hmmm this has opened up a can of worms re equality in the work place for arms ;)
Ditto new2 x

I'm righthanded, and always carry bags on my right shoulder. If crossbody, with bag hanging on right hip. Handheld bags mostly in my right hand, but shifts from side to side :cool:
This!

Haven't really given it much thought though but maybe I'll try my left shoulder next time I go out to see how awkward that is :P

Ditto N2N and Beaver! :biggrin: No other option for me!

This is a daft thread, but a friend of mine was intrigued that I carry my bag on my right shoulder. I'm mostly left-handed, so I like to have my left hand free - maybe that's the reason. Anyway, she tried to carry her bag on her right shoulder and I tried the left and we were like a pair of Quasimodos, hunching up our shoulders just to keep them on! And it was soooo uncomfortable! :roflmfao: I also carry my bag, if it's hand held, in my right hand (for the same reason) but have a cross body bag over my left shoulder with the bag hanging (again) to my right.

How do you wear yours? I've been peering at the reveal threads for clues and am just interested! (Or nosey!) ;)

Haha we are thread twins! Anyway to answer your question, it can be either hand to be honest but always right shoulder if I have to.

I'm a mirror image of you, Mayfly! laughed at your Quasimodo description, I know exactly what you mean!

To take it one step further, I much prefer bags with a zip top & the zip has to close so that the fob is at the front when on my shoulder - I've passed on gorgeous bags because they've been the other way round!

VERY interesting thread !

I'm right-handed but always wear my bags on my left side / over left arm (and if cross-body, so they hang to my left hip) I only have bags on the right if my left side is totally full (eg bag on shoulder, shopping in hand etc) & this is even after I quite badly damaged my left shoulder a few years ago - I'm with several others who've posted, put a bag on my right-hand side & I turn into an un-coordinated shambles !! xH