Left or right?

bettymuc77 said:
Left-handed, bags always on my right shoulder or crook of arm :smile:
Think I need my 'right' left hand to reach into it, so that's why I carry it on the right ;)
Very interesting thread, by the way :smile:

ditto! phone is superglued to right hand, eat right handedly but write and chop with left hand! so weird...

I'm a mirror image of you, Mayfly! laughed at your Quasimodo description, I know exactly what you mean!

To take it one step further, I much prefer bags with a zip top & the zip has to close so that the fob is at the front when on my shoulder - I've passed on gorgeous bags because they've been the other way round!

And it has happened!!! :wondering I ordered the Somerset satchel in choc and am smitten - she's about half the size of my trusty choc Antony but much classier. I love that I can get my phone into the front zipped section and that she has a zipped top and a leather strap. :love: BUT - the flaming fob is on the WRONG END IF I PUT HER ON MY RIGHT SHOULDER!!!!!!! :woot: She is clearly designed to be worn on the left shoulder, and I am absolutely torn now. Of course, she's neat enough for me to feel "dippers" but what to do ......? :panic:

And it has happened!!! :wondering I ordered the Somerset satchel in choc and am smitten - she's about half the size of my trusty choc Antony but much classier. I love that I can get my phone into the front zipped section and that she has a zipped top and a leather strap. :love: BUT - the flaming fob is on the WRONG END IF I PUT HER ON MY RIGHT SHOULDER!!!!!!! :woot: She is clearly designed to be worn on the left shoulder, and I am absolutely torn now. Of course, she's neat enough for me to feel "dippers" but what to do ......? :panic:

Oh no another decision to make. I think you should try her indoors for a couple of days & see how you get along. I always carry my bags on the left but my sister always on the right & she has mentioned about this before but I don't think that it bothers her too much. Maybe you could suggest to Mulberry they should make left & right handed bags :excl::bulb:

Oh no another decision to make. I think you should try her indoors for a couple of days & see how you get along. I always carry my bags on the left but my sister always on the right & she has mentioned about this before but I don't think that it bothers her too much. Maybe you could suggest to Mulberry they should make left & right handed bags :excl::bulb:

She feels perfect on - just the right size, weight everything! And you can wear her crossbody if you wish. :smile: At first, I thought "washbag" until I attached her strap and then she looked so sweet and felt a perfect, everyday bag. My Antony can feel a bit cumbersome at times, but this would be ideal. I may have to bite the bullet and keep her close to my side ... ;)

She feels perfect on - just the right size, weight everything! And you can wear her crossbody if you wish. :smile: At first, I thought "washbag" until I attached her strap and then she looked so sweet and felt a perfect, everyday bag. My Antony can feel a bit cumbersome at times, but this would be ideal. I may have to bite the bullet and keep her close to my side ... ;)

I think that she looks like a really useful bag. I use my Ant a lot & have done since he arrived but did have to play with the strap & I now mostly use him as a shoulder bag. I always know if this type (everyday) of bag is right as I will always want to use it straight away. Unlike the other bags that I buy which spend more time in the dust bag. :biggrin:

I think that she looks like a really useful bag. I use my Ant a lot & have done since he arrived but did have to play with the strap & I now mostly use him as a shoulder bag. I always know if this type (everyday) of bag is right as I will always want to use it straight away. Unlike the other bags that I buy which spend more time in the dust bag. :biggrin:

You are so right, Bagstar! I wanted to pile my stuff in and take her out immediately (after spraying, of course!) ;) That should speak volumes, if nothing else does! :biggrin:

Mayfly285 said:
I have taken some, lovetooshop, but am scared people will think her a very Plain Jane - she's not bright or spectacular in any way, just a little sweetheart!! ;) To be honest, the oak looks better on M.com, but the choc is definitely my favourite irl!! :smile:

I love plain Jains and I'm a fellow Antony lover so I'd like to see pics pretty please

Please post photos of your Somerset satchel I've been strangely drawn to one , I think there cute and just the right size , I've got one on watch on eBay but with the short strap