Leaving feedback

abbygirl

O.G.
Oct 22, 2006
I had a buyer who won my auction but never paid nor even replied to my emails. :sad: .....

But it won't let me leave a neg feedback. I really hate to do it, but when a buyer intentionally ignores my emails, I think its justified.

BTW, she is selling something so I know she has gotten them.

It will only let me leave a postive?????

thanks for your help

It's wrong, but sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. That's why those that only buy have what appears to be 'better' feedback than those that sell. I would open a NPB dispute and get your fees back, then block that bidder from your future auctions.

You know, this just sucks for sellers. So no one will know my buyer chose not to pay for an item she CHOSE to bid and WIN and then chose NOT to pay NOR have the courtesy to tell me she didnt want it anymore after numerous emails to her.

I know how easy it would be for me to bid on her item and not pay, but that would be wrong and I dont play those games.

:sad:

Ok, I'm going to voice the unpopular opinion here... Yes, I agree that it's not fair that sellers can only either leave positive or choose to leave nothing at all. But, when sellers could leave negative, there was ALWAYS retribution feedback. It got to the point that feedback was completely meaningless altogether. At least this way, feedback is meaningful for at least one group of people, to an extent.

Now perhaps there can be a better solution. And I think Ebay should work on that and try to find one. And it's not fair that buyers can't receive negatives when they deserve them, but at least feedback has some meaning now.

Maybe they could do something like if a case is opened and found in favor of the seller, the seller can leave negative or neutral?

Ok, I'm going to voice the unpopular opinion here... Yes, I agree that it's not fair that sellers can only either leave positive or choose to leave nothing at all. But, when sellers could leave negative, there was ALWAYS retribution feedback. It got to the point that feedback was completely meaningless altogether. At least this way, feedback is meaningful for at least one group of people, to an extent.

Now perhaps there can be a better solution. And I think Ebay should work on that and try to find one. And it's not fair that buyers can't receive negatives when they deserve them, but at least feedback has some meaning now.

Maybe they could do something like if a case is opened and found in favor of the seller, the seller can leave negative or neutral?

Totally agree. Before buyers were too afraid of retaliation to leave true and honest feedback, so they left nothing or positives. This made the whole feedback system meaningless because you really had no idea if a seller misrepresented their items, sold fakes, or had other issues.

While I agree the current system isn't perfect it's better than it was, because at least now a seller's feedback means something and you can take that into consideration before deciding to bid on one of their auctions. Though, as a buyer I'm not going to let one negative turn me off, I always look into the seller's response and make up my own mind.

Not a popular opinion here but there it is, I think it was a good move on Ebay's part, but I wish they could tweak it a bit to help seller's out as well. Not sure how that would be done though without getting back where they started.

Linda

I agree, I hated as a buyer that I had negatives on my buying/selling account since the negatives were from sellers, NOT from buyers. If I had left an honest FB for a seller, they blasted me back for my truth.

It's one of the few things that fueled having multiple ID's, because I couldn't afford my selling account to be affected by pissed off sellers.
Totally agree. Before buyers were too afraid of retaliation to leave true and honest feedback, so they left nothing or positives. This made the whole feedback system meaningless because you really had no idea if a seller misrepresented their items, sold fakes, or had other issues.

While I agree the current system isn't perfect it's better than it was, because at least now a seller's feedback means something and you can take that into consideration before deciding to bid on one of their auctions. Though, as a buyer I'm not going to let one negative turn me off, I always look into the seller's response and make up my own mind.

Not a popular opinion here but there it is, I think it was a good move on Ebay's part, but I wish they could tweak it a bit to help seller's out as well. Not sure how that would be done though without getting back where they started.

Linda

I agree, sellers should be able to leave FB that is honest, but I'm not sure how we could cut out the retaliatory stuff and get to the meat of the issue (buyer did not pay on time, buyer returned fake item, etc). I think the leg work on the 'BAYs part would be too much to ensure the right stuff was kept and the wrong stuff was deleted.