Leaving feedback...

mizsunshyne

Mar 8, 2010
So I recently bought a pair of USED shoes off Ebay. The price was good and the condition was fair. "Used a lot" as stated. But I thought, it should be fine. Bid, paid and waited. I received them today and opened the package. I was horrified to what I found. I mean, it was okay but it was so dirty! Doesn't Ebay state someone in its policy that shoes need to be cleaned before they ship out? I mean, it was disgusting! I can't even tell you because I'd vomit. So in my disappointment, I cleaned out the shoes a couple of times. Finally it's clean to my perfection:biggrin: but now I'm wondering if I should leave what type of feedback. I mean, it wasn't clean. Seller had offered free ship. I'm thinking neutral since it was free ship plus a dirty pair of shoes. What do you all think?

Well, you said the listing stated 'used a lot'? Did they supply pictures? Sorry, but I think if they stated in 'fair' condition and 'used a lot' then that might be what you got and a neutral is unfair. Of course, that's without me seeing the auction. Also, if you are unhappy with your purchase at all how about contacting the seller and giving them a chance to fix things before hurting their feedback?

^^I've never seen anything stating a seller must clean the item before listing it. I know they are supposed to discribe it accurately, though.

It's ok to vent about it here for sure mizsunshyne!

I've received a couple of things that were a mess, but a great price, well worth the cleaning effort. I felt compelled though to message the sellers, very nicely. I'd start out by saying, first of all, I don't want a refund or anything like that, I'm ok with the shoes, but others might not be.....etc. I had good responses, they all said thanks (even though I know they just relieved!)

Well it's okay. I really don't want to cause much problems. Sadly though the shoes don't fit even though I wear 38.5 in CLs. This one is really broken in and the suede is stretched out, good enough to fit a US 8.5/9M. I probably would have to sell it off to get some $$$ back or find a way to fit into the shoes. I doubt it though since the suede is really loose. :crybaby:

I've been there with a disappointing buy like that on ebay.
Comes in an awful state and to top it off, it doesn't even fit!

You would think that most people out there would bother to clean, or at the very least wipe a pair of shoes for you before sending it off in the mail.
If anything, for their own pride...courtesy?

I agree that people should clean things before listing them. I've seen tons of things on eBay that were better off in the trash. Sorry it didn't work out for you, OP. I hope you at least let the seller know you're disappointed, maybe they'd think twice about listing something that filthy.

I agree people should clean, but a lot of people do not take the time. With out seeing the listing I can't not say of they were described accurately. However next time make sure you try on the shoes or inspect the item BEFORE cleaning it. I would think if they were that stretched out it would have been a SNAD. However since you cleaned them you can't return them in original (all be it yucky) condition. Maybe now that you have cleaned them you can sell it for even more? I am sorry OP for your situation and it is fine to vent here.

I really didn't want to stick my feet in there. There were lots of sweat marks and dirt, and I saw the outline of the toes. But I am happy with the purchase and I wanted to do a DIY project on it after I saw so many strass projects! I'm not complaining much. Besides as a buyer and a seller, I know how it feels like to get a SNAD case. Very troublesome.

Plus, after I'm done with those shoes, I'll post them before and after in the DIY section (CLs)! I'll putting a lot of effort into reviving these shoes! And to wear them, I just stuffed the toe box with cotton balls!

Last edited:
I really didn't want to stick my feet in there. There were lots of sweat marks and dirt, and I saw the outline of the toes. But I am happy with the purchase and I wanted to do a DIY project on it after I saw so many strass projects! I'm not complaining much. Besides as a buyer and a seller, I know how it feels like to get a SNAD case. Very troublesome.

You have a positive attitude. Glad you found a way to work it out.

Ebay's policy on selling used clothing does state that it has to be cleaned. I'm assuming this policy applies to Clothing, Shoes, & Accessories....
Policy overview
Used clothing (except underwear) can be listed on eBay as long as it has been cleaned and the listing clearly states that the clothing is used.
See the What are the guidelines section below for details about what can and can't be listed.
You may also want to review the Clothing (new or used) section of the Adult Only category policy for information on how to sell underwear and other clothing items that belong in the Adult Only category.
Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

I did not receive any inside pics of the shoes. Seller only listed outside. But doesn't ebay policy state that cleaning the shoes is a must?