Leave positive feedback for buyers that don't give you any feedback?

Catash

May 3, 2014
I rarely sell and started selling again recently. I have two buyers that have 0 and 5 feedback respectively. They both made immediate payment so I shipped out the items. They received the item but didn't leave me any feedback. I am holding my feedback just in case they start having issues after receiving the positive feedback. Am I too paranoid?

Some sellers leave feedback right after a buyer has paid. Some wait until after they have received feedback from the buyer. From my experience its about 50/50.

Your leaving feedback for the buyers won't necessarily generate any feedback from them nor would it prevent them from having issues somewhere down the road so you could leave feedback or not as you wish. I don't think it would make much difference. The one thing I wouldn't do is ask the buyers for feedback.

Seems a little paranoid. Plus even if they have an issue with your item I don't see how that should affect FB you leave for them.

But maybe I'm naive when it comes to Ebay since I've thankfully never had an issue.

I rarely sell and started selling again recently. I have two buyers that have 0 and 5 feedback respectively. They both made immediate payment so I shipped out the items. They received the item but didn't leave me any feedback. I am holding my feedback just in case they start having issues after receiving the positive feedback. Am I too paranoid?

I used to leave feedback as soon as someone paid, now I don't. If they leave me positive after they receive my item then I leave it.

Agree with the above posters.

Feedback is completely OPTIONAL. As a seller, I will not leave FB for a buyer until they leave it for me and I know they didn't ding my DSR's. There is no sense in rewarding a buyer with positive FB when they turn out to be a giant pain in the ***.

Some buyers will say that they "paid immediately" so they deserve positive FB. Bullfeathers! Just because they pay immediately does not mean it's a positive transaction for me, the seller. You can "pay immediately"......then complain, lie or hold me hostage after the sale because you didn't read the listing, don't like the item or have buyers' remorse. OR, you can leave me, the seller, positive FB and ding the hell out of my stars, which still results in a defect.

In fact - since I'm winding down my inventory, I just quit leaving FB for buyers. It's meaningless now, anyway.

Seems a little paranoid. Plus even if they have an issue with your item I don't see how that should affect FB you leave for them.

But maybe I'm naive when it comes to Ebay since I've thankfully never had an issue.

Not paranoid at all.

If they have an issue - which is their fault - why should they be rewarded with positive FB? What if they didn't read the listing, didn't look at the measurements, or just plain have buyers' remorse? Then the make false claims or hold the seller hostage to get their money back. Sometimes they don't even have to return the item.

None of those things result in a positive sale for the seller, and any DSR rating of 3 or below is a defect on the seller's account. Too many defects and the seller is done. eBay has created entitled monsters of many buyers.

Agree with others. I wait until I get positive feedback before leaving feedback for my buyer. They can turn out to be a major PITA & I'm not rewarding them w/ positive.... or if they can't be bothered with it, neither can I!

I also don't leave feedback for those buyers that leave positive with a negative comment. ESPECIALLY when they never bothered to reach out to me to rectifiy any dissatisfaction with the transaction.

Many sellers don't leave feedback for buyers in transactions that aren't positive for them. Those sellers leave feedback for buyers they want to recommend to other sellers and a PITA buyer isn't one they'd want to inflict on another seller.

If I see that a buyer has feedback from a seller who I know only leaves it for non-PITA buyers, I can feel comfortable that the buyer is a safe risk.

Not paranoid at all.

If they have an issue - which is their fault - why should they be rewarded with positive FB? What if they didn't read the listing, didn't look at the measurements, or just plain have buyers' remorse? Then the make false claims or hold the seller hostage to get their money back. Sometimes they don't even have to return the item.

None of those things result in a positive sale for the seller, and any DSR rating of 3 or below is a defect on the seller's account. Too many defects and the seller is done. eBay has created entitled monsters of many buyers.

What if they have a legitimate issue that's not their fault? What it got damaged in transit? The options are endless on both ends.

What if they have a legitimate issue that's not their fault? What it got damaged in transit? The options are endless on both ends.

The problem is that too many buyers are too quick to neg the seller 1) without contacting the seller to try to reach a resolution or 2) hold the seller accountable when it really isn't their fault.

I know there are plenty of lousy sellers who deserve negative FB. Some don't describe their merchandise accurately or ship *gag* dirty items. Some wait a long time before they ship (outside of what their TOS states) or have no communication if there DOES happen to be a delay or issue post-sale.

But there are also times when a seller does everything right and still get slammed, lied to, threatened or bullied by the buyer. I know some of this is eBay's fault - like providing the the buyer unrealistic delivery times - therefore they have created monster buyers who have no problem resolution skills at all, other than to "open cases" and hurt good sellers when they have done nothing wrong.

I have done it, leave positive feedback to buyers that didn't bother to leave FB to me. Sometimes people just forget that they have to leave feedback or just go to eBay when they need to buy something specific and once they receive the item, they forget about the FB or never login to eBay ever again. Life gets in the way. I stopped leaving positive FB once they paid since I'm much more careful now, as I sell more on eBay and continue to learn what happens there. Now I wait until they leave me FB, then I leave it back. You never know...

Simple: Imagine you as seller leave a positive feedback, and the buyer then goes on to do a chargeback for remorse, claim a false SNAD, trash your ratings, send you hostile messages, etc.

Like others, I leave feedback only after I'm sure it's a good, done deal. Sellers know that only when a positive feedback has been left by the buyer.

I used to leave feedback immediately after the buyer paid. There is something to be said for that. After all the buyer has completed their obligation at that point. Possibly it will make the buyer like the seller more and be less likely to be critical.

After having a few returns and complaints, I sometimes wished I could take back the feedback I gave the buyers. Now I wait until the two week return period is up, or until the buyer leaves feedback for me, whichever comes first. I leave feedback for all buyers except for those that return or have a problem.