Leave in recommendations for super fried, colored hair?

^^absolutpink, your hair is gorgeous!

You're not going to believe this, but I found THE product! I switched from the very expensive salon to my daughter's recommendation. I have no idea what this hairdresser uses but she's from Italy and her products are from Italy and they are completely odorless and have no chemical smell nor tingling of the scalp. I bought Frizz Ease Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner and the Nourishing Oil Elixir. After having tried the Kerastase products, I wanted a change and the change is 180! The condition of my hair went from looking like cotton candy to shiny, soft as silk vibrant hair! In fact, I blow dried my hair in 75% humidity. I used their nourishing oil while it was drying. I guess the expression, "You have to kiss a lot of toads before finding your prince" is true! I tried numerous products ($$$$) and changed hairdressers. I think the combination of finding this hairdresser and trying these John Frieda products, hit the jackpot! :heart:

IMG_5918.JPG IMG_5917.JPG Here's my before and after. Of course, hairdresser trimmed and blew it out but I get it close to looking like this since I've been using these John Frieda products!

Sorry, I reversed the before and after photos.

chloehandbags, You seem to really know your stuff! I just started researching products you mentioned and learned how bad the JF stuff I am using is. It seems my hair is reacting well to it but it contains silicones which do not restore the texture to hair. Another product I've learned about is Rene Furterer Carthame. I am going to keep trying the best products until I find my the best there is to restore my hair's texture.

I've just tried Nexxus emergencée reconstructive system. Best stuff I've tried in ages and it's not even a crazy price. It's a three-step system with a shampoo and conditioner followed by a leave in cream and there is also a deep conditioner but I didn't buy that. My hair isn't particularly damaged any more but it is prone to dryness and I do heat style it regularly. This system promises to use equal amounts of protein and moisture to give all hair types the perfect balance and my hair is shining right now.

My hair is long, a few inches shorter than absolutpink's hair, and graying. Over the last few years, I have been going lighter and lighter (light brown with blond highlights,) trying to make the 'skunk stripe' on the top of my head less noticeable. It was getting so, that after only 3 days of having my roots done, I was spending a ton of time touching up with root powder. Salon root touchups getting more frequent, my hair does grow fast. My hair was in excellent condition at this point. So, let my hair go for about 6 months, had a couple inches of gray at the top and around hairline (wore hats a lot during this time,) asked my hairdresser if she could add thick silver highlights through my hair to blend in with the roots. To shorten the story a bit, I ended up with the same few inches of gray still at the top/roots, and shades of blond through the rest. Nothing like the pix I showed her. The worst part, my hair was totally fried, breakage and handfuls of lost hair. I tried everything over 5 mos, and slowly got it to where it didn't take an hour to comb it after washing. Not back to where it should be, but improving. I have been using the Kerastase Elixer Ultime, which I like, but I don't see much, if any, difference from 100% argan oil. The ultime does have argan oil in it. Since I was trying so many things, I can't say any one product made a difference, just time and persistence. Also, researched a new salon.

I'm 1.5 hrs from a large city, so good hairdressers are hard to come by here. Found one with good reviews, they use Olaplex and Pravana colors, experience with silver and other extreme bright colors. Took a chance, last month went for a color consult, deep conditioning and cut. Love the cut, and the cond. treatment/mask (Enjoy brand) really made a big difference.

The salon uses a line of products called Enjoy, which I'd never heard of, but I am really loving. Can only buy it in salons, unfortunately, except for Amazon. The reviews are really good, but at least half say the Amazon products are fake or not the same as purchased at the salon, so not worth saving a few dollars there.

Anyway, had my color appt. yesterday. At my previous consult, we decided to go all the way gray/silver. The process took 5.5 hours, but the color is now a gorgeous silver with lighter and darker tones. Bleached to platinum, toner to white, Olaplex, and 3 different shades of Pravana silver color. I couldn't be happier.

I was mostly anxious about the process causing further damage, but it didn't. Besides finding a hairdresser that technically knows what he's doing, I do believe Olaplex is great. I wouldn't recommend a bleach process without it. Since I've done it both ways, I can compare the difference. It didn't improve the condition much (hairdresser doesn't think it does either,) but it definately prevented further damage.

I won't need any further bleaching, just a color refresh every now an then, no more roots or skunk stripes to deal with.