Leather

Deppaholic

O.G.
Feb 28, 2013
Do you think I could spray a water stop on the leather so it would not get those nasty water marks on? I have many LV'S and never treated the vachetta leather, and thought I'd ask. TIA.

I've never used spray but I have protected my vachetta with LMB. I have had good success using it but I seen post here on TPF where some people didn't have good results. There are some videos on YouTube if people using spray on the vachetta you could check out.

Do you think I could spray a water stop on the leather so it would not get those nasty water marks on? I have many LV'S and never treated the vachetta leather, and thought I'd ask. TIA.

I ALWAYS use appleguard on my vachetta and it works extremely well. I am very careful but if it sprinkles or I accidentally get a little water on my bag I know it is well protected.

I use Obenaufs. It moisturizes and waterproofs. I put it on the Vachetta trim of my DA NF when it was brand new to protect it, I used two applications. I just got two vintage mono bags, a Speedy and a Saumur, they are over twenty years old. Though the vachetta was in really good shape and had a beautiful patina, there were some cracking spots in certian places where the leather just looked a bit thirsty. I did one application of Obenaufs, and they leather just drank it in, the leather is so soft now and the cracks are no longer apparent.

Thanks! I need to get some hand cream tomorrow, and only WalMart carries it, so I'll check this out!

It's in the shoe section it's only like $6, I would get 2 bottles though depending on how much vachetta because I like to touch it up. I've been caught in the rain with my speedy b I protected and there are no spots just perfect patina!!!

Thanks all.....I have a few vintage, that are in perfect condition, almost like new, but the patina is that gorgeous patina, and I want to keep it right there. I know rain will destroy the leather.

I spoke with a LV SA today. As others have stated, the SA urged me not to treat my new purse vachetta with a "water stop". When I asked about cleaning the handles of my older purse, she said I could use saddle soap to remove dirt. Has anyone else had a SA say saddle soap was okay?

I use the kiwi protect all from Walmart. It works beautifully for me... Dries super fast and it never makes the vachetta darker.

Oh wow thats good to know!! I've seen your patina and they look gorgeous. So is this kiwi a cream, or spray, or ???? n do u use it on new or preloved or both ? Do u do anything after ? Lol sorry for 20 questions.. Just thinking I might try this ;) I've been using LMB mostly and while I don't dislike it im not sure how effective I've actually found it to be.. Have u tried LMB? TIA :biggrin:

Oh wow thats good to know!! I've seen your patina and they look gorgeous. So is this kiwi a cream, or spray, or ???? n do u use it on new or preloved or both ? Do u do anything after ? Lol sorry for 20 questions.. Just thinking I might try this ;) I've been using LMB mostly and while I don't dislike it im not sure how effective I've actually found it to be.. Have u tried LMB? TIA :biggrin:
Good questions from BlueMaude and also good comment from Tinabug about what the SA said. I have never treated the vachetta when new, and my Looping bag handle isn't bad even after 14 years. But I'd like to preserve it if I could so it doesn't get really really dark.