Leather?

PurpleMurple650

I Missed The Boat...
Feb 16, 2009
Hey, I really adore the MAB collection by Minkoff (dur) but I'm a vegetarian, so I refuse to wear leather unless the cows were treated humanly and killed humanly (prefferably naturally) and not just for leather. Does anyone know where they get the leather and how they treat the animals?

Oh Gosh, I don't know if you could ever find the answer to this....or an honest one. And I don't mean RM but any bag designer. If I were you and you have a strong resolve like this I would stick to Non Leather Bags.

Honestly if I had to kill any animal to make myself a purse I'd be carrying a paper bag. And if I personally had to kill any animal to eat it I'd be a Vegetarian. I know it's hypocritical, but I let others do my dirty work.

Your best bet to *try* and find the answer, and I say try because I don't know if you will actually be able to find the answer to this, is to email Codi at [email protected]. Codi has been really great lately about getting back to people as quickly as possible. If there is an answer to be found, hopefully she will find it for you.

Thanks ladies! I sent a message, just now, so I will post the answer as soon as I get one back! I think if they get it from italian vendors...well...I highly, highly doubt they do this, but they might get home grown cows, from farmers rather then places that produce cows like a Wal - Mart facorty. They probably should do that, the cows would be healthy and they'd better leather for the bags but okaay.

you won't get an honest answer to this. i don't even think RM ppl know the answer. unless you trace everything back to where it starts. how about stella mccartney bags? she's known for being pro-animal rights