leather?

1. is the 2005 pre-fall the good leather or the not so good leather?

2. depends on the color and batch i think... but the 05 leather is considerably better than this seasons leather IMO

3. It's very nice leather -- a lot nicer than '06 in my opinion. But it is still the 'new' leather. But there's nothing wrong with the new leather either ;)

4. thanks ladies! just wondering since ive never actually seen my bag IRL

5. It is very good leather, much better than 06. I have both, love them both, but 05 is better.

6. you are gonna love it!!

7. i think it's AAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL good leather to me :yes:

8. in general the 05 leather is better than the spring 06 leather (which a majority is thin, veiny, and waxy).

9. i have to agree with esile. now that i have another '05 bag, i see how much thicker and smooshier the older leather is. i still like the new leather but definitely prefer the old. i am sure the older ones are even better but i don't expect to get my hands on one any time soon.

10. Weird, the leather on my s/s 06 ink is much better - thicker, smooshier, matte, no veins - than my f/w 05 rouge. I really do think it's just variations between bags starting from f/w 05

11. ^yeah, there are some variations... but in general, the 05 is better leather.

12. I have 2 bags from S/S 05- I swear one is so much softer then the other! It's weird- maybe I have to break it in! I am dying to get that smooshy feel!!! But I LOVE it!

13. One thing I can count on with Balenciaga re: the 05 leather is that it was consistently inconsistent, varying from bag to bag within the same color and from style to style. :shocked:

Spring 06? Quality wasn't there for the most part. There were
    exceptions, but they were few and far between.

14. i don't care what anyone says, i love all my '06 b-bags :love:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice