Leather vs. Patent Leather: Which do you prefer? Why?

Which do you prefer: leather or patent leather?

• Leather

• Patent Leather

• Can't decide

• Like them equally as much

Results are only viewable after voting.
So far I'm strictly regular leather, I just love the soft, squishy feel, for me that's the best part of my Coach bags. Plus I tend towards neutral colors, and to me the patent looks best in bright colors. And I live in Texas, I don't have to worry about cold weather but it gets so hot here I'm sure I'd stick to a patent leather bag, lol.

I much prefer leather.. I do have some patent leather stuff.. but the material of patent leather can get "sticky" against skin especially in the summers here in Texas.

I like patent because it is much easier to care for. But I only have 1 patent bag because I do think leather is better for day to day stuff.

I gotta add that I am in LOVE with the goatskin from my silver Sabrina too, I just wish it weren't so delicate. I literally just sit and pet it sometimes. Sick, I know.

I love patent because I love shiny, sparkly things. I love that it is worry free in the rain and snow. I also love regular leather too for its yummy smell and softness. I voted that I couldnt decide.

I like the regular leather better. Patent is great but I am afraid of color transfer sealing in casue it's patent leather. Regular leather is more forgiving IMO and I love to moisturize it.

I have both patent and leather, there are pros and cons for both, so I voted for liked them equally as much :biggrin:

Leather has a classic look, great for day (even night too!), holds up pretty well in weather (except rain/snow, possible spots) and durable.

Patent feels much thinner than my leather bags, more light weight IMHO...perfect for night on the town, great in the rain/snow (you just easily wipe it off), although I am a bit concerned with it cracking/transferring as I've seen it happen to other members here.

But lately I've been using my canvas H.S. :lol:

I never even cosidered the Pnt Leather until I got my Pink Ego. She is gorgeous and on of my fav bags but I by fare I love Leather mauch more.. The bulk of my collection is in leather.