leather-type question

Dzx

Feb 3, 2008
Last summer, I bought my first Kelly from Paris, I loved it, and I loved how structured it is, I'd like to buy another one in the same leather sometime soon-EXCEPT-I don't know what kind of leather it is. How do I find out ?
All I know is that it isn't swift, nor clemence, nor togo.

Alas, chevre bags are difficult to find. In fact, chevre Birkins are by special order only (i.e. invited order extended by the store). However, if you're lucky, you might still be able to stumble upon chevre in Kellys or HACs in the store. Maybe you could inform your SA of your interest in a chevre Kelly, so he/she could keep an eye out. Also, you might want to read up a little on the different type of chevre (mysore, coromandel, mangalore) to better understand and appreciate the leather. :smile:

Thank you again ms piggy, I guess I was lucky then ! I hope to find it in the right colour soon, I lurrrrrrrv the leather, and am not going to compromise !

I believe you have chevre coromandel, not mysore. You can see the noticeable spine. Lovely in etoupe. If you see a bag in chevre that you love and like the color, it's hard to pass up. They are tough to come by in the boutiques, but certainly tell your SA that you are looking for your particular bag style in chevre. I'm a HUGE fan of chevre, lends a sheen that is not normally found in flatter colors like black and brown. :heart:

Last edited:
I stand corrected, it's chevre coromandel. I totally agree with HM that not only is chevre great in colours, it's equally fantastic in neutral/basic colours like black/brown. Makes the latter come alive with the sheen!